DFW Dallas Fullsize National

gtyprw
By gtyprw,
in

I'm going to try my first Hotwire car rental bid. I have used HW numerous times for hotels.

My question is, once I get to the counter to pick up my car, do I have any say at all as far as which one? For instance, once a rental co tried to give me a PT Cruiser, and another time a VW Beetle, both of which were a bit too funky for the business trip I was on. So I was able to ask if they had anything more subtle, and they were happy to switch me to something else in the same class.

Do you have the same type of wiggle room through HW, or are you definitely locked into an exact car they happen to have sitting around?

Thanks!

David

I have used HW numerous times for hotels.
It would be appreciated if you shared your results with the board so that the information can help other users :) , just as information of others has likely helped you with your own purchases. (you can start by following-up your Hotwire Ft Lee thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... even if it wasn't a PRICELINE or HOTWIRE purchase, giving the thread a 'conclusion' helps keep the board better organized and more useful for others, for as the thread currently stands, users don't know if you booked the hotel requested and didn't follow-up the thread, cancelled the trip, booked direct, made other plans, etc)
Do you have the same type of wiggle room through HW, or are you definitely locked into an exact car they happen to have sitting around?
You generally have the same 'wiggle room' for a different car within the same class, but ultimately it comes down to what is available on the lot at the time of your pick-up. Most rental car companies these days don't require credit card confirmation for rentals, so they tend to overbook, and may not have the exact car class on the lot that you booked and could upgrade you to a higher level vehicle. I have had instances when booking direct, as well as thru opaque channels, when i show up at the counter and the economy car i booked just isn't available and i'm upgraded to a different car class (once even had NO CARS on the lot and had to wait 15-20 minutes for the next car to be returned and cleaned)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]