Hotwire Hotel: 3* Philadelphia (Concordville-Glen Mills) Holiday Inn Express

SteveinPhilly1
By SteveinPhilly1,
in

Looking for someplace near Chadds Ford, PA but Wilmington is not Far. Can book Doubltree Wilmington Brandywine for $89./night with $50. breakfast credit. See that recent win was about $50. but it is downtown which is out of way. Other option is West Chester,PA (Chadds Ford in middle. But don't look like much there.

So my question is (I think I know the answer is no) can I bid on Wilmington-Brandywine and not be stuck Downtown?

Thanks!

S

Thanks Aaron: That's what I was afraid of. Based on reviews it's not safe neighborhood and Hotel is only place to park and there's a high parking fee. So we'll probably pass on that one. (Wish PRICELINE would break downtowns from Suburbs. That's reason folks without car rebntal can't use PRICELINE in Nashville. Downtown can mean 3 miles away with no public transport and cab eats up any savings<g.)

Steve

Looking for someplace near Chadds Ford, PA but Wilmington is not Far. Can book Doubltree Wilmington Brandywine for $89./night with $50. breakfast credit. See that recent win was about $50. but it is downtown which is out of way. Other option is West Chester,PA (Chadds Ford in middle. But don't look like much there.

So my question is (I think I know the answer is no) can I bid on Wilmington-Brandywine and not be stuck Downtown?

Thanks!

S

There is a brand new Hampton Inn near the intersection of Rts. 202 and 1, very close to Chadds Ford. There is also a recently renovated Holiday Inn Express and a fairly new Staybridge Suites. If you have time while in the area, check out the award winning Chadds Ford Winery.

HOTWIRE has a 3* property in the Concordville-Glen Mills zone for $56 with the following amenities: Smoke Free Rooms, Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities, High-speed Internet Access, Golf Nearby. While this has not been confirmed, the Best Western Concordville Inn fits these amenities. This is a better location than the Doubletree Brandywine and it also has an indoor pool. :)

Best of luck, please use the HOTWIRE links on the board if you proceed.

First off, I used the BB HOTWIRE link. After looking at the Hotwire list I saw 3 stars was Staybridge Suites which got great review. HOTWIRE offered me two hotels in the area. One was *** in West Chester for $54. and another in Concordville for $56. (Also ***). I looked at amenities and noted the $56.00 one had included "continental or full breakfast" and business center. The other had neither. So I went for the $56.00 one in Concordville, thinking it was the Staybridge. Well, it wasn't. It's a Holiday Inn Express. (When did they get to 3 stars - even on Hotwire? So what is a regular HI, 4 stars?? <vbg>

Anyway total with the taxes etc was $66.82.

We were originally thinking of booking 2 nights but glad only booked one.

We'll see what it is but you should record this as a Hotwire 3 star in the list and record my win.

And thanks for running BB!

Steve in Philly

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

So we can fully add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List, Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]