DC Hilton Washington DC Dupont Circle

JTravel
By JTravel,
in

I was a bit worried because they denied my request to reserve a room with two beds. However, when we arrived they gave me two bed room even before I mentioned it. It was a very large hotel and seems old but clean. We were given a room on the 8th fl. with a nice D.C. view. The structure of the room was little bit weired because there is a small room between the bedroom and the bathroom (it's because the hotel itself is round shaped). The Dupont Cicle area is very nice and safe. There are plenty of restaurants and shops. And we also saw Courtyard and Church Hill hotels across the street.

• 3 months later...

I am a newbie to Hotwire and Priceline.But I've stayed in this hotel in 2003(When it used to be Hilton Washington & Towers, booked thro Expedia).

It is an excellent hotel to stay as JTravel said.Safe place ,lots of restaurants at walkable distance,whole neighbourhood is good.Staff were friendly and helpful.Check-in and out was easy.

• 1 year later...

I stayed here for two nights, 2/11-12. This is a very large convention hotel. The public areas are very nice, and seem to have been relatively recently renovated.

The hotel was reasonably convenient, within about 3 1/2 blocks of the Dupont Circle Metro stop. (It was bitterly cold when I was there, so those 3 1/2 blocks seemed longer than they really were!) There are a lot of restaurants and shops in the area, including a good-sized drug store about a block and a half away.

I arrived at the hotel a little after 1pm, and was able to check in right away. My room was 6170, on the 6th floor around the corner from the elevator. Fortunately, there was no elevator noise.

The room was a good size, with two double beds, a large armoire holding the 25" TV (older model with mediocre sound), a work table with the phone/internet connection, and a chair by the window. The room was very clean, but a bit worn; the bedding and beds, however, were very nice. There was a large closet with mirrored doors, which contained extra pillows and a full-sized ironing board and iron.

The bathroom was tiny; just enough room for a regular tub, sink and small counter, and the toilet (which was tucked under the counter). In fact, the room was so small, that the rack holding the bath towels was actually in the tub area, on the wall at the end of the tub. The tiny size of the bathroom was in odds to the good size of the bedroom, especially since there was a large space right when you come into the room (the same size as the bathroom actually, about 6'x6' square). The bathroom was very clean, and there was a blow dryer, lots of good quality towels, and toiletries from Crabtree & Evelyn. The vanity/counter was a white and black marble which was in good shape but dated.

I only ate once at the hotel, the morning I was due to leave (and only because it was snowing and I didn't want to walk the 2 1/2 blocks to Starbucks). The breakfast was very good, but as in all hotels, a bit pricy ($10.75 for an eggs/bacon/potatos meal). With better weather, I wouldn't have splurged, but it was worth it not to have to deal with the slick sidewalks.

Internet connection is very expensive here; $12.95 a day (inclusive of tax). The connection was very fast and stable, but I still find it annoying when expensive hotels also feel the need to charge exhorbitant rates for internet connection. The hotel I stayed in before this, the Renaissance, charged $9.95 a day plus tax, but that included unlimited local AND long distance phone calls as well.

All in all, I got this hotel at a good bargain, especially for weekday nights in DC (I paid $80 a night). However, I think the rooms really could use some renovation with regard to the paint/wallpaper/carpeting. And if I had been paying full prize ($259 on their website) or even convention rates, I probably wouldn't have been as happy.

• 5 years later...

As promised here is my review on Hilton Washington:

I was a guest 5/30 thru 6/2, $80 a night--crossed my fingers and begged to God to get it at this price, success!

The Hotel Staff is pretty friendly. They'll do their best to give you your space (which I like) but also quite accessible. My one complaint in terms of staffing would be the Concierge; this is not the platform for bashing. So moving on,

When checking in, (after midnight) I was given a floor choice, as well as, a choice between 2 queens or a king. This was the view as soon as I walked in, pretty spacious and the bathroom was quite contemporary, decent size.

All in all, the hotel is in a central location; walking distance to the trendy areas, but not the national mall area, but the metro is not too far away. Great deal, affordable price, and it may not be a high-4 star hotel but it is clean, well maintained, and a snag if you're just passing through the city.

Happy Travels

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]