Priceline Hotel: 3.5 * Buffalo-Niagara Falls (Buffalo-Amherst) Marriott

bearb
By bearb,
in

Hi again

-had issues this morning...couldn't make our trip/flight :)

-anyway, I tried to re-book through the hotel directly

...I offered to let them give me a room for $57 direct....showed them the PL printout and all!

-they declined, with a :) ...''can't do that'...$130 they could do though'......but 'go ahead and book on-line...perhaps you will get here again

-so I did...and I did...even got the same room!

1st bid- $46 #1 Buffalo-Amherst -rejected

2nd bid $51 + #2 Airport -rejected

3rd bid $57 + Downtown -accepted

-was kinda hoping for a 'saturday night discount' as the rack rate is less on the weekends due to lack of business folks :)

-guess they seem not to vary their rate?

-I guess I am getting more comfortable with the rebid :o

-I printed my 'win' from BetterBidding and gave it to my computer neighbour last night (he paid $145...thought he got a deal)

POINT OF CLARIFICATION?

-should I have, after my 2nd bid...closed browser, start fresh with #1 + #3? to maintain many more rebids?

-I have to re-read those tip sections more...still not quite following the

thanks again

Congratulations on your success!

Very, very good deal for this Buffalo Marriott property. :) I'm not following (not feeling my best, didn't get much sleep) in terms of the rebid - did you do 1, then 1+2, then 1+2+3?

Thank you for letting your neighbor know about Betterbidding! :)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using the site's PRICELINE link.

Enjoy your stay.

POINT OF CLARIFICATION?

-should I have, after my 2nd bid...closed browser, start fresh with #1 + #3? to maintain many more rebids?

-I have to re-read those tip sections more...still not quite following the

Yes, you could have increased the number of bidding opportunities by closing the browser and bidding as you indicated.

Thanks for the post and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Very, very good deal for this Buffalo Marriott property. :) I'm not following (not feeling my best, didn't get much sleep) in terms of the rebid - did you do 1, then 1+2, then 1+2+3?
YES...this is correct.

-expecting to get it for $57...I didn't bother playing around...closing the browser after 1, 1+2...then start fresh bid process

-felt confident that I would get exactly what I wanted...as I didn't really feel like packing :)

Thank you for letting your neighbor know about Betterbidding! :o
-he was off for a cruise...but travels a lot...so will definitely be reading up on this site now that he knows!
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]