Canada Victoria Accent Inn

WillTravel
By WillTravel,
in

It's fun to write another nice review after another Priceline stay. This one was actually a Priceline Hong Kong bid. (I've posted that saga elsewhere, but essentially I was personally offered a counteroffer by a Priceline HK sales representative, which I took. Taxes showed it was only a slight overbid.) As I indicated on that thread, I suspect a bid of about $33-35 USD would work on Priceline.com at the 1* level in Victoria for summer bookings (including May). You can likely get a much cheaper rate during the off-season. So far I've only read about this hotel and Paul's Motor Inn showing up at the 1* level in Victoria, but of course any hotel in the area is always possible.

As to the room, the property is a 3-story motel (see http://www.accentinns.com/victoria). The room was standard, bright, and clean. I had asked for two queen beds ahead of time. There was a small kitchenette. We had a ground floor no-smoking unit, which was just fine. The restaurant on the property, Brannigan's, has standard American-style food that is pretty reasonable.

I'd say this room was a bit nicer than the one we had at Paul's Motor Inn (see my other review), although that one was fine also. It's a trifle less convenient for access to downtown Victoria, but it's a trifle more convenient for access to the Butchart Gardens.

Anyway, if this hadn't been Priceline and prepaid, I might have cancelled. I'm in deadline mode, and my daughter got a can't-miss birthday invitation a couple weeks after my bid. But - I wasn't about to lose the money :). So what I did was take my mother along for a Mother's Day treat -- which she really appreciated and I enjoyed myself also. Plus, I got to relax, and now I have a much clearer head about finishing my necessary work :). Victoria is in fully stunning mode this weekend - as nice as I've ever seen it. Perfectly sunny, flowers in full bloom, etc. The ferry ride was spectacular as always, although I've taken it dozens of times.

I'm looking forward to returning again!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]