Hotwire Hotel: NYC Manhattan Hotel 12/19-12/20 4 adults 2 children

rbud87
By rbud87,
in

You can't bid for a suite on PRICELINE or HOTWIRE (you can win an 'all-suite' type property, but i don't think that's what you're looking for)

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy and while it can be worth the risk in some areas, given the notrouisly small rooms in NYC, and a high percentage of rooms which only contain one bed, we don't recommend PRICELINE for more than double occupancy in NYC.

HOTWIRE is still an option for your stay as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy per room. You can't guarantee a King bed thru their service, but you can ensure that there will be sleeping accomodations for everyone you include in your search.

If you searchin HOTWIRE for your dates (for 2rooms/4adults/2children) does anything appear within your budget and desired star rating?

Let us know if you find anything of interest and/or how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (and your searches)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Following a Priceline Win post for dates of 12/20 to 12/23....

I have unsuccessfully tried the following.

Anywhere from Central Park to Empire State Building is good (I could go farther South if necessary). Less is best... of course, but I would really like $150 per room max. Not less than 3 stars, if possbile.

Already tried:

If $150 is still your maximum bid, that is equivalent to ~$125 bid price. I'll suggest a strategy going up to $135 but you're free to stop at whatever level you choose.

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* ESB, MTW, TS and MTE

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* CPS...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* ESB, MTW, TS MTE and CPS

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135

Thank you... perhaps needing 2 rooms is more difficult.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Rates are date specific, so a strategy for somebody else's stay may not necessarily be applicable to your own stay... i don't think the issue is that you're trying for two rooms, it's more likely the slightly different dates between your stay and the other user.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]