Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency on Hudson

Arista
By Arista,
in

May I ask how all of you got rates like $35-38 per night for this property (Jersey City Hyatt)? The lowest I've found (on Orbitz) is $134.50 for a Friday and Saturday night stay in January. Did you get it from Priceline or Hotwire? I've been hesitant to use them for Jersey City because I want to be sure that I'm within a short walking distance from the PATH and there's no way of knowing with blind booking.

My dates are Friday Jan. 21 and Saturday Jan. 22.

I did check Hotwire and they are showing a 3 1/2* in Hoboken-Jersey City at $77 per night, but that is twice what previous posters have reported for the Jersey City Hyatt. A quick look through previous Better Bidding threads has shown that almost all who bid for JC got the Hyatt, but I haven't read each thread for the details. As I mentioned above, quick access to the PATH is important to me.

Thanks for your help.

There lies the conundrum... for the best price you need take a bit of risk, for less risk you have to pay a slightly higher price.... for guarantees you need to pay even more and book direct.

If the HOTWIRE selection matches the amenities known to be associated with the Hyatt, there is an excellent chance that it is most likely the Hyatt.

If you're open to a bit more chance, i would recommend trying a 3* Jersey City bid at $37. This is the only 3* hotel known in the area to accept at a price this low so the odds greatly favor that if you are accepted it will be at the Hyatt... although there are never any guarantees with any of the above (for guarantees you need to pay more and book direct :) )

In my opinion there is little risk in bidding $37 for a 3* in this zone, but as i said above, there are no guarantees, and somebody has to be the first to report a change in trend... hopefully it won't be you, but it could be.

The only other known 3* hotel in the area is the DoubleTree, and although it doesn't get as good reviews as the Hyatt, it is still within walking distance to a PATH train (although it's not the Exchange Place station.. it's the Pavonia Newport staion, which actually makes getting home from midtown a bit easier than the Hyatt).

Let us know what you decide to do and if/how we can be of more help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Success. :)

I bid $37 for a 3* in Jersey City and did indeed get the Hyatt -- on my first try.

Room Rate $37 per night for two nights

Total Room Rate $74

Taxes $18.15

Total $92.15

Earlier this year I struck out in Manhattan on Valentine's Day weekend and wound up direct booking the Doubletree in Jersey City for almost three times the rate I'm paying for the Hyatt. If only I'd done my homework then!

Thanks, Better Bidding! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]