Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Dallas (Arlington - Grand Prairie) Sheraton

Johngo
By Johngo,
in

Sheraton Arlington Hotel

11/20/09-11/22/09

$45 winning bid for Friday, extended one day)

Actually, I placed a few bids for a two day stay (Fri/Sat), but was rejected as high as $52.

Then, knowing that sometimes a winning bid is offered "additional days at the same price", I decided to look at prices for rooms on Friday and Saturday in the Arlington area and noticed many hotels had a higher price for Saturday.

With this in mind, I simply bid for Friday ($45) which was accepted first try, AND I was offered an additional night for the same $45. The gamble seems to have paid off (however, I did run the risk of having to stay at two different hotels, which I wouldn't have minded)

As it turns out, I did find a couple sites that offered Friday for $119 and Saturday for $219 at this hotel - this would seem to explain why I wasn't having luck bidding for both days at the same time.

Used the betterbidding PRICELINE link.

Offered at $179 ($208 with taxes) per night at the Sheraton website, and I successfully bid for $45 ($59) per night - thanks, BetterBidding!

Johngo

Update - the few minutes it took me to pen this posting, I realized that Priceline had not confirmed my second day. I discovered when I scrolled down, that I still had to enter my initials and security code. Not sure if it was a system malfunction or a session timeout, but I was kicked back to the Priceline home page, and did not get my stay extended. I tried calling Priceline, but they would only offer to extend for $111 (I declined).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]