PL Rebidding

mbinsj
By mbinsj,
in

Concerning re bid.... How can you do this if ALL areas have the same star ratings? The "tip" from this website mentions picking an area that does not have the corresponding highest star rating you are seeking..... well, that doesn't work if all areas have a the same rating right? Or is there a way to scrill back to a completely different "master" zone....?

Case in point....Los Angeles....27Dec04...2 nites... doing a 3* search in Santa Monica... $65... No chance (PL says 3 star prices are $220, ya right...)... SO, using the re bidding "strategy" to bump up my bid to $75 I should select another area WITHOUT a 3 *.... Ooops...all areas have 3 stars! No can do....Hmmmm....

Maybe I'm missing something? Seems to me this would happen all the time as 2 1/2 and 3 * are the most available?... Appreciate any feedback..

MB

You are correct... not all zones/star ratings have re-bid possibilities.

I will also point out, that to qualify as a re-bid zone it not only needs to not have the star level you're bidding.... but none higher as well. Given your example above, if you did find a zone that didn't have 3* properties, but did have a 4* offered, it would not be a re-bid zone since Priceline always has the option to upgrade you to a higher level (this also applies to when a hotel has a Resort rating!)

Some zones have no re-bid opportunities... others have 8 or 9.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Roger-Wilco on the feedback guys....

Well it's not just limited to 3 star hotels....2.5, 2, and 1 are in "all" LA areas too. So basically yer hosed in a big market like that? Funny, how can PL come back and tell me normal rates for a 3 * in this area (Santa Monica) is $220....paaaalease.. Oh and if you drop to a 2.5* it says normal rates are in the $208 range. Come-on Price Line, throw me a bone will ya..!!

Probably will switch to the airport area.....prices tend to be cheaper as they cater to the corporate/business market, which, because of the time of the year, probably equates to high vacancy rates during the holidays, and your $40-60 3 *.....

MB

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]