Hotwire Hotel: What's the key to Key West?

indigogarden
By indigogarden,
in

We will be in Key West (hopefully) Jan 24-26, 2010. What is the best strategy for bidding since there is only one zone...Summerland Key gets lumped into all the Keys? (We don't want Summerland, but...........) We don't need an exclusive place but would like to get the most bang for our bucks. Is waiting until closer to the date a preferred choice?

Thanks for all help..............

Welcome to the site. :)

Waiting for closer to the date is a bet that traffic will decrease. If that bet is correct, you'll be able to book more cheaply. However, the bet can very easily go the other way, and I've helped a lot of people who've chosen to wait who - months later - come back to find that rates are quite a bit higher than they were months prior.

What would be your budget per night?

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links.

Welcome to the site. :)

Waiting for closer to the date is a bet that traffic will decrease. If that bet is correct, you'll be able to book more cheaply. However, the bet can very easily go the other way, and I've helped a lot of people who've chosen to wait who - months later - come back to find that rates are quite a bit higher than they were months prior.

What would be your budget per night?

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links.

Well, that's part of the issue.deciding what is a realistic bid given that prices seem to be sky high. In this economy I can't imagine that every lodging location in Key West will be booked at between $2-300+ dollars per night. Hotwire has what appears to be a 4 star resort running between $119 and $124 the last few days. Ideally, I'd like to pay up to $100 per night. Thanks for the help--w

indigogarden

I'm a frequent traveler to Florida and i would say book at this HOTWIRE rate or start bidding at PRICELINE. This is a good deal and things can change fast for Key West like AaronJB said.

Yellowdog.

I guess they can change fast! I looked at HOTWIRE today and that 'hotel' jumped to $154 which is over a 25% increase on what it was since I started looking. I suppose that may mean vacancy changed or there was other motivation to change the rate at that time. We are flexible on what we will do over that timeframe and where we will go. Thanks for the input and feedback.

• 3 weeks later...

We are still trolling and watching some prices rise. That doesn't scare us, but it gives us a bit more information about Key West, and quite honestly has the opposite effect on me. My Dad was stationed there in the mid-40's and I wanted to see it for sentimental reasons. If prices stay high we will just visit and stay somewhere that suits our comfort zone. I'll post if we find something.....

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]