CA San Diego Hilton Mission Valley

kayak1900
By kayak1900,
in

I was really worried about staying here after reading all the bad reviews. But, I'm happy to say that I thought it was nice. I had a comfy king bed, flat screen TV and nice towels. I didn't have any problems with noise. I even stayed on the freeway side and couldn't hear the freeway much (but I should note that I live by a freeway anyway & this place was much quieter than my house). I thought I got a pretty good deal: $58/night via Priceline on 10/25 & 10/26. Hoewver, there is an extra $14 for parking and there isn't any off street parking. Also, internet isn't incuded which is $10/day. But, across the freeway there were lots of places with free internet. There were a couple things that bugged me but overall not a big deal: The 1st night, I didn't have any washcloths but they gave me some very quickly, the 2nd night they didn't give me bath towels but again that was fixed quickly. Also, although there is a note to leave items on the rack if you don't want them to be washed (which I did), they removed all of them and replaced with new anyway.

Overall, I thought it was a nice place and didn't have any issues.

• 4 years later...

The are in the process of renovating this one big time. We stayed there in July and ended up on one of the renovated floors, you still had the new carpet smell.

The renovated rooms are very nice, service is good, some of the valets really take it up a notch.

Breakfast buffet was served in a meeting room (due to renovations) and was ok. 5 minutes away is a mall, shops and restaurants, get breakfast there.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]