Hotwire Hotel: 3* Chicago (Mag Mile-Streeterville) Holiday Inn Express Cass

mdavis107
By mdavis107,
in

Hi,

Two of my friends are coming to Chicago to visit me from January 8-11 and since I am a student at Northwestern University and the rooms are really tiny, we decided to get a hotel in the city. Hotwire is showing two options for Jan. 8-11 that I am willing to go for.

3* Mag Mile- Breakfast, Business, HSI 4/5 Trip adviser $63 when searching 4 adults. My guess is HI Express

3* Mag mile- Business, HSI. $66 My guess is Inn of Chicago

Could someone confirm that my guesses are correct and perhaps give an opinion as to which hotel is better. We are doing all the major attractions and being close to public transportation (trains or buses) is a must. Right now, I am leaning towards the Holiday Inn Express property because it is cheaper and has free breakfast and we are guaranteed two beds there because of the 4 adults in the search. Note that all of us are under 21, so both of these properties also have 18 year old check in ages which is difficult to find in its own right. Thanks for the help in advance!

The issue that I have is that while the 3* above is thought to be the Holiday Inn Express Cass (and I can't imagine what else it could be), there's no way of guaranteeing 100% that that is that property, and if it's something else (again, unlikely, but always a possibility), it's unknown what that hotels' under 21 policy will be. Additionally, the possible HI is the one I'd recommend more strongly than the possible Inn of Chicago. Still, I'd strongly recommend calling them regarding their under 21 policy; while the website may say one thing, I'd recommend making sure the hotel doesn't say another.

There's also plenty for you all to do in Evanston, which is quite a nice town.

Thank you for using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links.

I agree that one can never be 100% sure about things on Hotwire. I also agree that the 3* with breakfast is almost certainly the HI express. Great idea though to call them just in case about the 18 and over policy. If I went to check in and showed them the Hotwire page that states 18 and over allowed to check in, could they still deny me the room? That would really suck. Also, I want to stay in Chicago more for my own sake rather than that of my friends! Being a Northwestern student, it is difficult sometimes to find the time to get out of Evanston and do things in the city, which so much to offer. With hotel rates being so cheap (the Inn of Chicago property is now down to $59), I decided that staying in a hotel would give us a much better experience than cramming four people into a dorm room barely large enough for two! Thanks for the advice...I am booking this evening using the HOTWIRE link here and I will post results.

Congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board. Can't get much better in terms of location and breakfast is a nice bonus. If you're looking for something to do activity-wise (if weather's bad, for example), the 10-pin bowling alley in the nearby House of Blues complex is a gorgeous, ultra-modern alley with high-end treats brought to the alley and video jukeboxes. Open during the day, won't be anyone else in there during the week and weekend days probably won't be too bad.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]