Can I get a Baby Crib?

Kippax1966
By Kippax1966,
in

Hello,

I'm from the UK, and will be staying in New York in late May with my wife and 16 month old son. If I book a room with Hotwire for, say, a 3* or 4* hotel, will I be able to have a crib in the room, and will there be a charge for it? Do most decent size/class hotels have them as standard, if requested?

My son doesn't take up much room, but is at the kind of active stage that means some sort of 'cage' for the night would be very helpful!!

Since it's a cheaper phone call for me to make than you :) , i just called two 4* hotels in NYC as a "test" (one which is notorious for having small rooms).

While there are no guarantess, both of the properties i called do indeed offer cribs. One of the clerks hung up before i could ask if there was an add'l charge, but the other said it was complimentary. I also asked her if most hotels offer this, and she seemed to think that most "upscale" hotels do, but that lower end hotels might not.

No matter how you book, after you know the hotel i would call them directly and/or send an email and ask for a reply to ensure that they received it, and put in your request for a crib. If you are then told that no cribs are offered, you can then plan accordingly to pack one of those portable ones or buy something once in NYC that will suffice (i'm assuming they're not too expensive, but really don't know).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]