SavingsBarn link for your Priceline bids

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

Please use the SavingsBarn.com link at the top of the board to place your Priceline bids (it's not a requirement for using this board, but it's very much appreciated if you do so).

When you're finished here, check out their website, which consolidates information by category so it's easy to research your vacation plans and jump from website to website. They also have direct links to deals offered by various services, and deals for some retailers as well.

If you have any problems with the link on this site or placing your bid, please feel free to contact me thru the link on this website OR email them thru the link on theirs.

Thank you all for your support.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The banner on their page is just for hotels, but if there is a demand for airfare and/or car rental (or other products)i will ask them to add that to the main page.

I do know that if you navigate on the left hand side at SavingsBarn and click AIRFARE, you will get a listing of all airline companies as well as on-line agencies (which includes Priceline), and there you will also find the $10 Priceline Coupon for airfare.

The same can be done by navigating to the Car Rentals section.

Of course, we'd like to make it as easy as possible for everyone involved to place their bids (no matter what product they're interested in), so if you have a need for the other proucts and the existing format involves too many clicks for user's tastes, i'll try to suggest another plan.

Of course i'll have to think of a plan first, so any suggestions/feedback are welcomed. :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Another way to get to a product other than Hotels is to leave everything blank and click the "Start Savings" button.

OK, I will do it this way for car rentals. I have actually had pretty good luck with Priceline on car rentals, although sometimes I can get a better deal going directly through the car companies.

Scorp, SB's Car Rental page may help you do research as everything is in one place:

SavingsBarn.com/carrental/

As i don't routinely use Priceline for Car Rental, where would be the easiest place for you to access a link to it?

BTW, you could also use the PRICELINE link on the Car Rental page above, if that helps.

Text links for Car Rentals and Airfare have now been added under the hotel banner at SavingsBarn.com!

I think this is a good solution, but am open to hearing feedback/comments if people think it now looks "cluttered" or makes things look complicated. Of course, we still welcome other suggestions if anyone has anything they think will work better.

I will pass along any comments.

PS- Scorp, what do you think, since i know you use these products?

I think it is fine, but I see now that I can simply click on "Priceline" on the Car Rental page. I guess I didn't scroll down before.... So it is fine to me either way, but I think some people might like to know that they can use the PRICELINE link for car rentals and airfare, also. So I think it is good to have the current link there on the first page.

By the way, Priceline now allows bidding for downtown or off-airport locations of some cities, including:

Priceline's Off-Airport Rental Car Cities:

This is great news about the off-airport parking options. In addition to the instances wher you don't need a car for an entire visit, the additional aiport fees that many car rentals companies have to tack on for the privilege of being at the airport can really add up.

Hey 'thereuare' - aren't you going to pester us after every single winning bid we post and remind us to use the SavningsBarn bidding link.... don't you love us anymore? :)

I have added a link near the top of the board, "Please help support .........."

Is there now too much white space at the top of the board? Is it now noticable, but not annoying? Any suggestions for better placement or wording? We'd like people to know to use the links (if they choose to do so), but don't want to be a pest either!

This was added because i had received a few emails/PMs from people who did not know that the board would get credit by using the links on this page (as per the 3rd post in this THREAD).

Don't worry, and negative comments regarding the above will NOT get you banned from the board!! I want this board to be the best it can be, and the only way to do that is to get real feedback from our users as to what they like/don't like.

Thanks for reading.

Does it support this site when we merely click through to those linked websites, or only when we complete a purchase therein?

And does this site really benefit from all five shown, not just from SB? I often purchase air on Expedia and Travelocity, so will make a point to click through from here if there's a good reason to do so.

• 4 weeks later...

We can no longer link directly to SavingsBarn.com

The information i was given is that SavingsBarn can only keep their Priceline affiliate status if we don't link to them.

Personally, i will continue to place my bids thru SavingsBarn as:

-they are a new site, good people, and i'd like to see them do well

-i like their layout of having each travel category on one page as it makes it easy to research travel plans, so that's worth something to me

-we hope that if policy changes in the future to re-initiate a direct link to them (another reason we'd like to see them do well)

Wasn't there also a HOTWIRE link?

Yes there was, and unfortunately, that link was removed as well.

I hope our users continue to use the above links that are still available (Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity) when their plans allow. Also, please let us know if there any other sites that you use regularly, or think would be relevant to have on our site, as we will try to obtain links to those companies as well. Have no fears though, with or without additional links, i will continue to cover any expenses that are involved in running the board.... i'm having too much fun with it and really think we're building a great online community!

As i stated above, i will be using SavingsBarn.com for my own purchases whenever possible as i'd like to see them survive, thrive, and do well... in hopes that somewhere in the future there will be a policy change and we can re-establish a link to them. I also think their site provides a valuable resource for researching travel plans and checking prices.

Knowing first hand the effort that goes into building and maintaining a website, i'd rather see any affiliate commissions benefit a small business than kept by some large corporation (which is what happens if you don't go thru an affiliate).

I,for one will fully support this website.I was a member of the other bidding site for a year or so,and recently got banned for mentioning this website.I can only hope that others will "jump ship" and move over to the kinder,gentler site.Nice job and the best of luck in the endevour.I will do all I can to help keep it going strong.Hope I dont get banned from this site for giving my opinion.

Jim

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]