Priceline Hotel: Need Downtown Hotel Nov 6th-8th--Help? :)

Mtnlioness
By Mtnlioness,
in

That sounds like good advice. I am wondering if anyone knows what the 3.5* hotel in Pike Place is. When I checked this site, the only 3.5* is the Marriott. That would be fine with us! I don't want to pay more than $100 with tax by the way!

I saw this quote on an earlier post. I'd love to get the Marriot Seattle Waterfront. Is this true regarding it being the only 3.5* hotel in Pike Place area?

I'm new to Priceline. I may have used them once a few years ago.

Also, I'm assuming my dates are definitely slow season. Can anyone advise me on when I should start bidding?

Also, I definitely want a balcony. Is there a way to search for this when on Priceline?

Thanks so much for your help! :)

Terri

I saw a quote on an earlier post that the Marriot Seattle Waterfront is the only 3.5* hotel in the Pike Place Market area. Is this true? I'd really love to win this hotel on Priceline. :)

Can I book 2 rooms for 2 couples?

Also, I'm assuming my dates are definitely slow season. Can anyone advise me on when I should start bidding?

I definitely want a balcony. Is there a way to search for this when on PRICELINE?

Um...one more question! :) :o Any 3+ star hotels with jacuzzi tubs in the room?

Thanks so much for your help! :)

Terri

If you look at the reply to that comment:

The 3.5* rating is a fairly new star level for PRICELINE, only introduced about 3-4 months ago, so there may not be hotels reported to the board at this star level.

If you look at the Priceline Hotle List for this area you'll see that there are numerous 3.5* hotels in this zone, and you could receive any of them (or even be upgraded to a higher rated hotel)

What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Let us know if you have any additional questions and/or how you'd like to proceed... we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, thanks for your reply, though I have other questions I had asked that I really would love to get the answers to. :)

I hadn't thought of a max bid yet, but probably around $120 max. I'm wondering if Priceline will work for me since a balcony is so important. Odds are, from my research, most hotels don't offer this. So bidding may not be an option for me IF I cannot specify this in my search. Could you tell me if one can specify certain details wanted in a hotel?

Also....when's the best time to bid? Now? Days before our trip with a backup?

Thanks!

Terri

With wanting specific amenities (balcony, jacuzzi tub, etc) you'll need to book direct or thru a "non-opaque" means as you can't choose to bin on PRICELINE for only hotels with certain characteristics.

Please check our support page for your hotel direct purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I think your odds of winning the Waterfront Marriott are very slim. When I bid 3.5 I won the Marriott Renaissance hotel, which was not my favorite. I reported it but it seems like the site moved it back to 3 star. The Westin Seattle and Marriott Renaissance DO NOT have balconies and I don't believe the Sheraton does either because of the height. The Edgewater does, but I haven't seen that reported in a long time. The Marriott Renaissance did have a beautiful outdoor balcony for everyone on the ?25th floor? Overlooking downtown.

The Seattle hotel guy.... Stayed in 14 hotels downtown and counting!

Favorite Hotel Downtown: The Camlin Seattle (It's now a timeshare)

I can't tell you anything about balconies and similars, also don't want to give a review. Just want to add that I would never bid on 3.5* again in that area. The chance to "win" the Renaissance is quite high and even the suggestion (though thanks again to inspiration100) to ask for a high floor room away from interstate I5 doesn't help if they don't have or are not willing (?) to give you such a room.

Looking at this boards other 4* wins like Westin I get really galling ... due to the noise it was a horrible stay at Renaissance :)

So my suggestion to all who don't like the risk: Start bidding only on 4* or others - but not 3.5*

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]