CA San Diego Courtyard Old Town

luckylassy
By luckylassy,
in

I arrived at 11:30 and check in was pleasant enough. I asked how much it would cost to upgrade to a suite or larger room and was told that since I purchased my room through Priceline, it was not possible. I asked if we could get the largest room possible, to which I was told I would have to wait for the room to be ready. They took our bags and we went on our way with errands. At 4pm, we were notified that our room was ready. Once we got into our room, I have to honestly say that the only complaint was the size. It was tiny and only had enough room to walk around the King bed on each side. Everything else was fine - they have free WiFi, and a pretty decent sized and working bathroom. They offer free coffee and tea in the lobby throughout the day. They also have some evenings with free wine and cheese - we never took advantage of it - but it was a nice touch. The most pleasantly surprising thing is that the hotel is right next to the I5, but we couldn't hear a thing inside the hotel - they must have invested in good windows and construction. Also, parking is about $10/night, but we never needed to use it. There was plenty of street parking and parking on their property. So overall I was reasonably happy with my stay considering that I paid only $71/night through Priceline and it was very conveniently and centrally located. Good value.

• 3 months later...

We booked the Courtyard Old Town through Priceline and stayed there last weekend.

Check-in was very pleasant - Priceline was acknowledged, and the clerk told us the going room rate to point out what a deal we had. We asked for a room away from the freeway and he cheerfully complied, noting that we were "early enough" to get one. He also told us that street parking was very plentiful and safe, but we opted for the $12 garage parking since we would be returning to the hotel very late that night and didn't want to stress about finding street parking.

The room was fine, and the mini-fridge is a very nice touch. Small window that looked over the roof/parking, but that was much better than the freeway. The bathroom setup is awkward, with the sink and mirror in the entryway area -- very little counter space. Bed was comfortable. Wifi was very weak and not reliable, and I was kicked off if I wasn't "active" for a minute or so. I wouldn't want to try to do any work with it, but it was okay for a quick email check.

Great location and pleasant enough stay, especially at Priceline prices.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]