Hotwire Hotel: 2* Boston (Braintree-Randolph) Candlewood Suites

MaraJade
By MaraJade,
in

Hotwire is giving me a few different prices for 2* and 3* hotels in the Randolph-Braintree area. We are going to a conference and are hoping to figure out which hotels are popping up.

Dates: 10/21/09-10/23/09

2* $53 - I don't see any 2* hotels on the MA hotwire list for Braintree. Amenities include fitness, laundry, internet access and kitchenette. This last one seems pretty unique--making me think it is either the Candlewood Suites or Extended Stay America (both have kitchenettes). Anyway I can figure out which one (Candlewood is closer to our conference hotel)

3* $104 - There are few 3* ones on the list. The amenities listed include fitness, pool, restaurant, business center, laundry, internet. It also tells me that it received a 3.0 out of 5 on Trip Advisor. All of this seems to match the Sheraton Braintree (our conference hotel!) and differs from the other 3* ones on the list (Hampton and Holiday Inn). But I've seen different ratings for the Sheraton (ranging from 3* to 3.5*. Any thoughts on whether this is a match (willing to pay more for conference hotel, but if not would rather pay the $53!)

Also, if you go through hotwire do you risk getting a smoking room? That is a deal breaker for us, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

Thanks.

So is HOTWIRE not an option for this stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

PS can you please add a reply to your priceline car rental thread with the car class (compact, economy, midsize, etc) that you won so we can add this information to the topic title.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Update:

We went ahead with HOTWIRE (via this site's link) and plan to call the hotel with our non-smoking request.

I don't know how to update the subject header of the original post, but here is what we ended up with:

Dates: 10/21/09-10/23/09

2* $53 - listed amenities: fitness, laundry, internet access and kitchenette

Actual property is Candlewood Suites in Braintree (what we were hoping!) and a 50 percent savings over other travel sites.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're happy with the results.

Thank you using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase and sharing your win with the board, helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]