Priceline Hotel: August 2010;Toronto Downtown

BinCanada
By BinCanada,
in

Myself and child will be attending Rogers Cup Tennis at York University Aug 7-16, 2010. We may look at staying in the dorms for about 4 nights-if they are inexpensive to save some money, and then getting a Downtown Toronto hotel for the other 6 nights and take public transit out to York University.

We have never been to Toronto and plan to do a few touristy things besides watching copious amount of tennis!

We are looking for a 4*(or 3.5* or maybe a 3*) in Toronto Downtown West or East areas(I think would be best). Our budget would be about $100/night IF possible. I see that the Hilton (that is a Rogers Cup sponsor and may have other tennis fans staying there which would be neat) is one of the 4* WEST hotels on Priceline and while I know you can not get a specific hotel on PL- but can get perhaps figure it out on HOTWIRE although the amenities are so similar to other 4* ones.

Does anyone have advice to WHEN I should start bidding on PRICELINE?

Should I do HOTWIRE instead- by keeping an eye on hotels received by other post'ers on HOTWIRE with their amenities to try and pinpoint the Hilton???

Any other helpful advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

You should begin to bid once your plans are firm (and you know which dates you need the hotel for vs nites in the dorm)

In regards to PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, it really depends what is most important for this trip... the lower price or having the ability to take an educated guess as to what you may likely receive. I'd start by searching HOTWIRE for the dates you need, then you can weigh the cost of the hotel you think is being offered vs. a PRICELINE bid.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]