Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency

indywaiter
By indywaiter,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Indeed this will be a nice location for July 4th. Not sure where the fireworks will be this year (if they'll split them once again and have some in Battery Park) but no matter there are always some sort of display on the west side of Manhattan (even if it's not July 4th itself).

I forget if the odd/even rooms face north or south but it's noted at RealHotelPhotos.com if you want to check it out and make a request upon check-in.

Enjoy your stay and thank you for sharing this win with the rest of the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am curious about parking in Jersey City. Do the parking meters work on Saturday? I would assume that they dont but some citys do. I will be staying at the Hyatt Jersey city and I know parking is $15 for self parking. I also know that parking at the Candlewood Suites is FREE to guests, so my question is does Candlewood suites offer parking passes to guests or do you just park and no one asks any questions? If anyone has any info please reply to this post. Many thanks in advance.

Brian

I stayed at the Candlewood last year, they have a controlled lot and you need a room key to get in and out. Even at the Doubletree, a block away from the Candlewood, has an open lot but you need to get a parking pass from the front desk and hang it on your mirror, or your car could get towed. At any rate, these hotels are not that close to the Hyatt. The $15 self park does not allow for in-out privledges, and it is about a block away from the Hyatt. I will leave the question about parking meters on Saturday to thereuare, but I doubt that it is free. Park the car for your entire stay and add the $15 parking fee to the room rate of $55 and at $70 you still have a terriffic deal. :)

You won't be able to park at the Candlewood Suites... if it were unregulated everyone in the local office buildings would park there and there would be no space for guests (or you).

The meters are in effect on Saturday (i believe, i'll double check next time i'm in the area) but not on Sundays.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]