Priceline Hotel: Oct. 14-17th-Frankfurt-help plz--could this be the reason why I am not

lacal
By lacal,
in

I've bid up to 77 dollars and still have not booked a room. Don't know what to do now.

I thought maybe the reason was b/c I was trying to check out on a Sat. and they would like to have a full wknd rental so I did try to bid on a room checking out on Friday and still no luck.

Is there a convention or something going on those dates b/c hotwire has prices for over $200/night for the airport?

I'm only trying to stay in East or West and 4/5 stars...not the airport...but it looks like I might have to just take what I can at this point.

Any ideas on why I can not even get the movenpick at $77 when everyone seems to get this in the $60 range???? They do have availability b/c I just checked but the total for all those nights on their site came out to over 1000 euros!!

I have a feeling I'm going to get screwed pretty hard on getting a room not that I have waited so long. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Not sure what is happening during these stay but something is driving up rates.

Note that rates do tend to come down each nite of your stay, and the last nite is actually 'inline' with historical wins for this stay.

Not sure if you're willing to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID, and if so how many times you're willing to change properties, but the first nite may be the most difficult of the three, so you may want to try bidding for just the last 2 nites of your stay to see if you can get a win... then just bid the first nite solo (at a likely much higher cost). If that fails i suspect you could 'easily' win something for the last nite of your stay, but you'd then be left with needing the two more expensive nites (which apparenlty you have already tried when you dropped the Saturday nite from your bidding)

Let us know what you try and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is not during *a* convention, this is during the Frankfurt Book Fair (Oct 14 - 18), which is among the largest fairs worldwide.

For Germany and some other European countries, I always recommend a quick look at hotel.info which will reveal whether there is a fair or convention going on:

<broken link>

The cheapest hotel I am finding in Frankfurt (excluding the airport area) is a bad 3 star (Rossija) for 210 Euros.

Almost all of the hotels that are usually won on Priceline are near the fairgrounds. They sell their rooms cheaply when there are no fairs but are among the most expensive hotels during fairs. M

• 5 years later...

I'm curious as to what you actually did?  I ran into a similar problem earlier that same year.  Heimtextil.  I was actually going to it, so couldn't shift dates.

I seriously considered Mainz.  A sweet smaller town with good train transportation to Messe where the event was.  But some kind person on another web site mentioned Holiday Inn just happened to have their super low point rate for the airport HI.  I didn't have enough points, but this same kind person explained how I could buy more.  It cost me roughly $60 a night, and the downtown similar hotels were between $200 and $400.  

If you found some creative solution, I'd love to add it to my arsenal.  On the other hand, maybe you bit the bullet and paid that "pretty penny".

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]