Priceline Hotel: BIdding Assistance 10/24 one night

Luvhawaii
By Luvhawaii,
in

I have been rejected so severly for this time period that I am getting a new problem. It lets me bid twice, then doesn't show me the re-bid screen. Instead it takes me to the list of hotels they have on the regular or full-knowledge side of the website. I have never had that happen and wonder if there is any inventory for the dates I am looking at.

I have bid 3.5 star Fisherman's warf, and 4 star USW, USE, Emarcadero and SOMA all to max $110.

Any tips on how to get a hotel of this calliber for close to my bid?

I too have been looking at that date, along with the entire next of the week.

Based on what I have seen to date on PRICELINE, HOTWIRE, and Wotif, availability and price of accomodation for that week is pretty tight. A quick scan of the Wotif availability matrix for that weekend makes this very apparent.

Im considering having to increase my budget for that weekend on the basis I can average down total cost by getting cheaper accomodation later in the following week.

Being take to the "retail" screen is simply PRICELINE trying to cross-market... they know you need a hotel room, couldn't find anyone to accept your bid price, so they'll try to get you to buy one thru their retail listings by showing your what's available.

If you use the PRICELINE search box on teh top right of this page, when you're taken to the retail screen, you can close the browser, come back to this page, and simply click the GO button again since all the information (dates, city, number of rooms, etc) is still there and will be filled in automatically... then you can just resume your bidding and adding re-bid zones where you left off.

With the above noted, based upon current prices, i don't think you're in the ballpark with your $110 bids. Since this is a one nite stay, would it pay to stay near the airport and just take Bart downtown?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Okay, when I tried to get you those rates I realized that the hotels are totally booked. Crazy! I placed a low budget motor inn on hold at $140/night. I may try some last minute bids to scoop up any cancellations...if that's possible. Apparently, there is an opthamology conference that weekend, among othere things, I suspect.

Thanks for your help.

Okay, when I tried to get you those rates I realized that the hotels are totally booked. Crazy! I placed a low budget motor inn on hold at $140/night.

There are options in between a 4* and a low budget motor inn. Are your mother and grandmother interested in trying for a 3.5* or 3* Downtown?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]