Canada Ottawa Extended Stay Deluxe

MJRBIM
By MJRBIM,
in

Hotwire rates this as a 3*, but I'd say that it's a lesser hotel than the HW/PL 2.5* Les Suites hotel in the same zone.

It's a couple of old apartment buildings that have been converted into a "suite" hotel, located off Elgin Street south of City Hall - about 10 minute walk to the Parliament buildings.

Check-in was smooth, but they did mention it was a "pre-paid". Lobby was very impressive, however it appears that they are renovating on floor at a time, so your stay can be in a wide range of rooms.

I was given a 5th floor room (approx. 500 sq.ft) that appeared to be in the progress of renovation. The bathroom was top-of-the-line, but the rest of the room was in disrepair with patches on the walls like they were getting ready to paint. Layout was standard "suite hotel" - 1 Queen Bed, with separate living room and kitchen - doors on the kitchen cupboards were loose.

Best thing about the place was the free wireless High-Speed internet, and decent room servcie from the Italian place in the lobby.

I don't think I'd stay here again until I was sure that all the rooms had been renovated.

===========

http://www.aristocratsuites.com/site/index.htm

• 1 year later...

Hotel has now changed hands (and brands) - it's an Extended Stay Deluxe...

http://www.extendedstaydeluxe.com/minisite...l=1&hotelID=961

My December 2005 review is a little better than my review from a year ago - as the room I was given appeared to have been renovated and repainted recently. With that said, I'd still rate it more as a 2.5* hotel for PL purposes rather than a 3* - but I think the restaurant/room service is what PL uses to give it the higher rating.

Queen Bed was a little hard and the bedding/pillows weren't as good as you get at other 3* hotels (eg. Sheraton or Crowne Plaza), but it was an OK stay - and I'll be happy to stay again a number of times over the next month or so.

Wireless internet is $4.99 (CDN) and parking is $12.65 per night.

I'd agree with your rating of this hotel as a 2.5. For the current Priceline price of $38 though, really can't complain too much. We were placed in a one bedroom suite even though the priceline bid said it would be a studio suite. The sofa bed was not in any condition to sleep on though, even for our children.

Overall, we were pretty pleased with this hotel - very large suite with full size fridge/stove/microwave plus toaster, coffermaker, plates, utensils, etc, etc, etc.

Downsides? As mentioned earlier, the high price for overnight parking. Also we were a little disappointed to have only one TV (in the living room) - a second one in the bedroom would not have been unusual, right?

But, for $37 plus fees, what a deal!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]