Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Newark (Hoboken - Jersey City) Hyatt Regency

ayz75
By ayz75,
in

Please bump this just before you are ready to bid again... rates in this area are changing rapidly so we're better off checking just before you are read to bid again.

If you'd rather not wait i do see that Hotwire has what is highly believed to be the Hyatt Regency for $62/nite... and inventory at this hotel has been 'fragile' lately (as you can see from your rejected bid for a time period accepted just a few weeks earlier).

Let us know if we can be of more help and/or what you decide to do.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am ready to bid again (my friend will use her credit card to try, hopefully they will take American Express from Canada)

Her maximum bid is $50, is it possible to get something in the Jersey City area? (I guess even the mariott will do)

Thanks a lot for the help!

Just to update, we tried again and rebid at $57, and was still rejected :)

Now we're desparate, my friend's budget is now at around $70 per night, and if she can't find something for this price she won't be able to go to New York.

Are any of the 2* hotels worth trying? I just hope the hotel is close enough to the PATH stations.

If she can go up to $70, you could look into this.

Do a search on Hoboken-Jersey City for 12/25-28 and you get the 3.5* hotel with Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Business Center for $62/night, which is the Hyatt Regency by all known accounts. Or you could try bidding on Priceline for just those dates.

I don't know what to suggest for 12/28-29, though. Maybe you could locate a conventional hotel booking as a backup for that night.

The problem as mentioned elsewhere is if she is left without anything for that last night, so I'd locate some backup booking, even if it's too expensive.

Oh I see from the above posts that yesterday thereuare saw this hotel available for the full four nights at a reasonable price, but that doesn't seem to be the case now.

Yes, the $62 rate was available for the entire stay previously but now only available for 12/25-12/28.

If 3 out of the 4 nites is do-able (either ending the trip one day early or finding an alternative for the last nite) I would probably try a $55 bid on Priceline for the 3 nites, which you can try immediately since it's for different dates than you tried above, it won't be seen as a duplicate bid. If rejected take the Hotwire offering.

I don't know if your friend would take the trip for just those 3 nites or if s/he can make other plans for the last nite. A direct purchase from CANDLEWOOD SUITES which is very close to the Hyatt would run about $129 for the last nite... everything else in the area is much more expensive than that.

PS- i would not recommend going for the 2* on Hotiwre that appears for the individual nite of the 28th

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the help.

My friend decided to cut the trip one day shorter, and I told her to try priceline again for $55 (dec 25-28) but she was still rejected. She ended up booking the trip on Hotwire, for $63 per night.

Hyatt is really inconsistent with its pricing. I wonder if it has something to do with priceline (i.e. they don't always check all the hotels when you bid? or if Hyatt is just inconsistent with its pricing? Because I just read in another post that the person was able to get the hotel for $37 after many tries)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]