Priceline Hotel: 4* Zurich (Glatbrugg) Hilton

brixdude
By brixdude,
in

I decided to try www.priceline.com.sg since they allow free rebids for only S$5 increase in price.

Zurich, Switzerland

2/14/05 - 2/15/05

Zone: 4* Downtown

I bid S$70 (US$42) Rejected

I bid S$87 (US$52) Rejected

I bid S$103 (US$62) Rejected

I bid S$120 (US$72) Rejected

I bid S$136 (US$82) Rejected

I bid S$153 (US$92) Accepted

They gave me the Hilton in Glattbrug near the Airport! I immediately emailed them explaining that there was no way this hotel could be considered downtown.

They replied in 24 hrs saying that I was correct and a computer error caused this to happen. They offered me a discounted price and to refund the S$16 processing fee. I wrote them back and said I wouldn't stay there at any price since it's Valenties Day and I'm only there for one night. They offered me the Intercontinental downtown for S$186/nt (US$112) and waived the S$16 processing fee. I accepted that.

Overall, I think using priceline Singapore is good a good option, since you get the free rebids, the customer service was quite good. Just make sure you have a couple of days to rectify a problem or a backup plan if something goes awry.

Priceline Hong Kong www.priceline.com.hk is another option I plan to try for a China trip I have coming up, I'll post my results.

Interesting story. Thanks for sharing. - Priceline.com.hk and Priceline.com.sg are the same company (Hutchison), so inventory shouldn't make a difference for these two sites. They used to announce Priceline Taiwan for some time now already but it apparantly hasn't come up yet (priceline.com.tw) - or my Chinese is too weak ;-).

Thanks for the tip, I thought they might be the same, both sites look identical.

Does anybody have any idea if they use the same inventory as the US site?

I'm just wondering if you might get a better deal using the SG and HK sites particularly for Asia. I did notice there are more asian destinations to choose from. For example you can bid Guangzhou, which is not available on the US site.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]