nyctraveler
By nyctraveler,
in

:)

I've tried three bids so far for a 5* in Warsaw:

$75, not accepted

$76, not accepted

$81, not accepted

The suggested retail price for a 5* 3/10/2005-3/13/2005 is $92, at $80 I got the "small chance of being accepted", at $81 no such message.

I'm surprised how low the suggested retail price is - normally in my experience this (for other cities) is much much higher, and given that I'm bidding close to that range and it is not accepted makes me wonder. Could this $92 be a glitch/wrong?

What does anyone suggest my next bid should be? Has anyone ever bid at the suggested retail price and still didn't have your price be accepted?

Any suggestions advice would help. I could rebid at the 4* but I do not know what these hotels are and don't want to take that chance. Suggested 4* retail price for Warsaw is $84.

Thanks!

The prices that Priceline puts in their 'average retail price' are completely meaningless and should be ignored.

We have a winning bid at $86 on the board so i would at least go that high, but i suspect that too may be a problem (but do suggestion you try that figure as well, perhaps even a bit higher as the dollar has weakened since that report).

Rates in this zone are much lower on the weekends than mid-week... would you consider SPLITTING THIS BID... bidding the Thursday nite separately from the weekend part of your stay?

I can suggest more specifics of how i would handle it if you metnion whether splitting the bid is an option or not.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I figured there was something up with that suggested retail price. I will ignore it going forward, thanks thereuare.

So I will focus on $86 next for those nights.

I have no problem splitting my nights. Let me know your suggestions on how I should go about it and I'll consider them before rebidding the nights all in one lump sum.

Thanks!!

Unfortunately there are no re-bids in this zone, but since you have plenty of time, i would proceed as follows:

Try for the complete stay, 3/10-3/13, 5* bid $86.

If rejected, try for the weekend part your stay 3/11-3/13, 5* bid $76.

If rejected, in 72 hours repeat the above, but change the weekend bid to $81.

If rejected, in 72 hours repeat the aobve, but hcange the weekend bid ot $86.

We'll update again in a week if all of the above are rejected.

Keep in mind the US dollar has been weak (in general, i don't know how relative to Poland's currency) so this could be a bit tougher than it would have been 6 months ago.

Any questions feel free to ask... keep us updated as to your progress.

PS- thanks for your patience in awaiting a reply :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

TravelWeb lists all of these hotels as 5* possibilities, so I think it's quite likely any could show up on Priceline, given that Priceline is trying to integrate and harmonize its TravelWeb acquisition:

Le Royal Meridien Bristol

Hyatt Regency Warsaw

Sheraton Warsaw Hotel and Towers

The Westin Warsaw

Most of those would be 4* only in other cities, but who knows about eastern Europe.

Note that you can get the Marriott (listed as 4* on TravelWeb but 5* on hrs.de) for a total of 89 Euros including breakfast via the Marriott web site for your dates. The tax rate is 7%. This has a cancellation fee.

I'm assuming the 89 Euros referenced above is only for 3/11-3/13 (and not including the 10th).

If so, you can get that rate direct thru MARRIOTT, includes breakfast and there is no booking fee.

EDIT: with WT's reply below, i don't know why i though she was mentioning the Marriott thru a 3rd party site... sorry for the confusion.

So I just rebid at $86 for the 3/10-3/13 dates, no luck. :)

Did the free rebid at $81 for only the 3/11-3/13 nights, no luck.

Will try $86 for 3/11-3/13 in three days.

What do you guys suggest as an appropriate bid for that one night if splitting works at $86? Remember, the Thursday night 3/10 is the one that is more expensive than Fri-Sun 3/11-3/13. I'm going to wait first bidding for the 3/10 night before having a positive result with the 3/11-3/13 dates on PL.

If I keep rebidding at $5, but if it hits $100 and no hits, I will take WillTravel's advice and book something direct. Maybe the Westin or Sheraton to earn SW points. Thanks for your input WillTravel! I never used TravelWeb before....

Anyone know what 4* in Warsaw is on PL?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]