Priceline Hotel: Resort Maui (Wailea-Makena) Wailea Marriott

Jumpee
By Jumpee,
in

I am brand new to this amazing site and trying to book the Wailea Marriott for 10/27 to 10/31 and am seeing that there are a number of posters that have obtained a $95 rate recently, but none in the last 4 days (the Calendar of Wins is useful). How can I make sure that I am bidding on the Marriott and not end up with the Makena Beach and Golf Resort which appears to be a 4 star property just like the Marriott? Do I bid for "resorts" in the Wailea/Makena area of Maui and hope for the best, or is there something else I can do to eliminate the risks?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can't bid for a specific hotel on PRICELINE... the 'unknown' is the trade-off for the deeply discounted rates you see for many of the wins on the board. If you're going to bid on PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the minimum star rating (or higher) that you select.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know if you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am brand new to this amazing site and trying to book the Wailea Marriott for 10/27 to 10/31 and am seeing that there are a number of posters that have obtained a $95 rate recently, but none in the last 4 days (the Calendar of Wins is useful). How can I make sure that I am bidding on the Marriott and not end up with the Makena Beach and Golf Resort which appears to be a 4 star property just like the Marriott? Do I bid for "resorts" in the Wailea/Makena area of Maui and hope for the best, or is there something else I can do to eliminate the risks?

I just bid $100, didn't get, then bid $105 and won it on priceline we are just staying one night, as we are then going to the Marriott Maui Ocean Club in Lahina.

Do go to Mulgeens on the Blue, they have a wonderful Halloween party, they are in Wailea across almost from the Marriott.

I was there last year. If you get the Marriott we will be there 10/29, maybe we can have a drink together.

Good luck....its 22 here today, I cant wait for Maui. Maui is the end of my working summer treat......

Rookie question I know but just to confirm, I need to select the Wailea/Makena area of Maui on Priceline and then choose the "resorts" option and put in my bid amount if I am trying to stay at the Marriott, correct?!??!?! Thanks for helping me maximize my stay. It would not be awful to stay at the Maui Prince, I would simply prefer the Marriott. Hope to see you on the 29th!

Yes, that is correct.

Also, note that you do have TWO re-bid zones available at the Resort level. If you're new to re-bidding see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones before bidding (highly recommended if you're new to re-bidding)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are happy with the results.

Enjoy your stay.

If you stay under a $120 bid, the liklihood (from information available on this site) is that you can rebid the Lahaina(sp?) zone too. I have not seen a resort go for less than $120 in that zone. They usually go for $140-$150.

Correct me if I am wrong.

I'm not a fan of adding "live" zones as re-bid zones based upon pricing... if the hotel market is weak it could just be a matter of time before a new low bid is accepted in a given zone, any with over a month to go before this stay why take an unneccessary risk?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]