Hotwire Hotel: 2* San Francisco (Airport North-Oyster Point) CitiGarden Hotel

belgo
By belgo,
in

I'm wondering if someone might help me identify this hotel; there may be something going on that week, since prices seem to be higher than usual for a Tuesday:

2.5-star hotel in N. SFO Intl Airport - Oyster Point

This hotel features the following amenities:

Airport Shuttle

Airport Shuttle

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Complimentary Breakfast

Complimentary Breakfast

Fitness Center

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Laundry Facilities

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Thanks! :)

Airport Shuttle

Complimentary Breakfast

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Laundry Facilities

For future posts please list only the amenity names (and not the descriptions) as you can see how much easier it makes your post to read.

I'm going to speculate that the La Quinta South San Francisco has been downgraded to a 2.5* property... the amenities match, as does the <poor> Tripadvisor rating.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, the tripadvisor reviews aren't stellar, but I may end up booking that hotel... The hotel rates are horrid for that date, and it seems to be because of the Oracle Open World convention, with an expected attendance of 45,000. It's in SF proper, but it seems to be affecting hotel rates in the airport area as well, including the Travelodge in Milbrae (which specifically quoted different Oracle Open World rates). Before I go ahead, though, any idea what the 2* is, which is going for $63 in the South SFO/Burlingame area with the following amenities?

Airport Shuttle

Complimentary Breakfast

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

I hate to be a pill, but a new one has come up; a 2* in the North SFO/Oyster point area for $39 with:

hotel features the following amenities:

Airport Shuttle

Complimentary Breakfast

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

I don't see something similar on the Hotwire list here....

Unfortunately, that hotel has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board.

Consider it reported. It's the CitiGarden Hotel in South San Francisco, won for $39 plus taxes and fees for a total of $54.24. I used the HOTWIRE link on the above response to my prior post. It used to be called the Good Night Inn previously, from what I can gather and seems to have decent reviews. Perfectly acceptable for an overnight pre-fly stay.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you found something which works well for both your needs and budget... and this appears to be much better reviewed than the La Quinta you were previously considering above.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay. (hope the city isn't too much of a zoo with the large conference in town)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

... and this appears to be much better reviewed than the La Quinta you were previously considering above.

Don't get your hopes up too much, belgo.

I think the CitiGarden's 3.5* TripAdvisor rating may have been artificially manipulated via fake reviews written in French. Reviews in other languages nest below reviews in English so even if they're recent you won't see the suspicious French reviews unless you scroll through all the pages of English reviews first, which few people do.

If you sort the TA reviews by "French First" though, which is an option on TA, you'll find that 53 of the hotel's 211 reviews are in French, which is peculiar by itself. Most of the French reviews rate the hotel 4* and were written over a short period of time (mostly in 2008) by people who wrote one review only.

If this was manipulation it happened when the hotel was still the GoodNight Inn. It's been CitiGarden several months now. I don't know if the hotel's been renovated along with the name change. As a GoodNight Inn it was NOT a 3.5* hotel, by any stretch of the imagination.

Good luck!

(note to mods: per belgo's post the price in subject line should be $39, not $59)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]