Priceline Hotel: 3* Ottawa-Hull (Ottawa) Novotel

opus
By opus,
in

Your strategy could be tweaked a bit (but can't say for certain since i'm not sure exactly what your needs/wants) were for this stay, but i think would also be a moot point. Unless i'm not reading your thread correct, you were rejected for a 3* at $59, so your $60 acceptance would indicate that was the lowest that was possible.... was your $59 bid actually for a 3.5* hotel?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I started at $57 for 4* which was rejected, so I added a Star level of 3* upscale and increased the bid to $59, which was also rejected. I then added 3* and upped the bid to $60 which worked.

Based on the BB Hotwire Lists it appeared that I could get the Ottawa Crowne Plaza for $79 using HOTWIRE, so I wasn't prepared to either bid more than that for 4* or bid on less than a 3* for more than $65

Just to add a little more information that may help others.

I'm at the Front Desk checking in, and one of the staff answers the phone....this was the conversation

Staff: 'The rate is CA$129/nt plus taxes'

Staff: 'The best I could do is $109'

Staff: 'If you are prepaying and staying only 1 Night $109 is the lowest'

Staff: "It's $15/person over 2 people'

Staff: 'ok..have a good day'

So it appears that the walk-up rate is $129, the just because you asked for a discount rate ' is $109.

The posted rate on the room door was $259

I paid US$75/nt approx which is about CA$85

All that being said, from our 4th floor room you hear a lot of street noise - people heading home after the clubs close, traffic noise.

The hotel itself was fine, wifi included, parking CA$12/nt

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]