Combining conventially booked stay & priceline

chpcruzr
By chpcruzr,
in

Has anyone tried to combine a hotel stay booked with priceline with an adjacent stay booked conventionally?

I am going to Vegas for a conference and as part of the conference package was booked for 4 nights at Ceasar's Palace. I'd like to add two nights to my stay and would prefer not to pay the published rate. If I can get Ceasar's through PL or HW (not sure if that's possible) for the 2 nights preceding my already booked stay, anyone know if I would be able to stay in the same room?

I haven't seen Caesar's come up, so i don't know if you'll be successful in getting it.

But to answer in more general terms, i have stayed at hotels with consecutive reservations booked thru multiple sources. I give them all the info at check-in and tell them i'd like the same room. I haven't had a problem yet, although one hotel did make me come downstairs on "switch" day in order to check-out of and then check-in to the same room (i didn't need to move, i just needed to go thru the 'front desk check-in/check-out procedure).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not relevant to Vegas but my girlfriend just did a five night stay in Richmond VA. We were only able to get a decent price on PL for the first two nights - it was an Amerisuites in Innsbrook area. We booked remaining three nights through Hotels.com and got a good rate (much, much cheaper than booking directly through the hotel's web site). She had to go to the desk to "check-out" and "check-in" at the beginning of the third day but they were perfectly content to let her stay in the same room.

This is strictly a guess, but the ability or inability to join mutiple reservations may depend how flexible the hotel's software package is. Recently at a Sheraton in Europe, I had two separate reward stays on consecutive days (booked as two stays because of different point levels needed for each day) and the clerk was able to join them without any problem.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]