CA San Diego Holiday Inn Mission Valley

beakamore
By beakamore,
in

Ok, here we go.

Holiday Inn Mission valley was just a mere OK!

It was a little far from everyone and everything else....obviously I had not researched the San Diego area very well...

The room was not that great, small shower, small gym.......but worst of all was the noise from the other rooms.

I had read about the noise thing on a trip advisor review....turns out to be true. You can hear people walking up and down on the corridors and in the rooms next to you!

I made sure to ask for a room away from the freeway and that worked out, except that away from the freeway meant that I could not get a room with a balcony, it was either one or the other.

All in all, the stay in San Diego was good...but I would not recommend this hotel....maybe for less than $50.00.......especially after seeing all the other winning bids for way better hotels than this.

• 10 months later...

I agree with this review. In addition I'd like to add that the shower had no pressure and I get surprised 5am morning calls that I didn't ask for when I only got to bed at 3am. They blamed it on a faulty phone system.

Needless to say I wasn't happy. I really think they should be rated 2.5* instead of 3. The room isn't bad and it was clean, but the facility seems to be lacking. And there's no real good place to eat in the area.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

A short review of this hotel:

The wholly unremarkable and somewhat oddly located hotel is tucked below a Jack-in-the-Box restaurant off a side street near a Wal-Mart and Fry's Electronics. The desk staff was friendly. Nobody was in the lobby, bar and restaurant which were furnished with cheap oak tables, chairs and fixtures. The carpet was a little dirty but overall the hotel was fairly clean. My king bed room was huge, probably twice the size of the $260+ per night Westin SFO I had stayed at the night before. Again the carpets were dirty but the room was clean and nicely but cheaply furnished. The bed was very comfortable and the shower very good. I paid less than Motel 6 prices for my room through Priceline so I was very happy. I would not pay rack rates for this hotel based upon it's location and general ambiance. It is more than adequate if you need a place to sleep in San Diego and can get it for what I paid. Priceline has this hotel classified as a 3*, I would rate it no higher than 2.5*.

Martin

• 1 year later...

This was a little further out than I expected but still within 30 min of most places. The rooms are okay. Smaller TV, front desk staff was nice. Last night it was fairly quiet but tonight I can hear little kids running around and screaming - lovely! But, parking and internet are free and if you need any last minute stuff, there's a WalMart nearby. Overall, ok for the price I paid which was $50/night (10/27 & 10/28) via PRICELINE.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]