Priceline Hotel: 3* DC (White House-Downtown) Holiday Inn Washington Central

emilyfaith
By emilyfaith,
in

*** 1501 Rhode Island Ave Holiday Inn Washington Central

10/1/09 - 10/6/09 $140 per night

Began bidding for ***+ at $80, next attempt at $115, then $137.

Changed to *** and should have lower my bit to $80 but didn't. :)

Tax & fees $113.70

Really upset at paying $140 a night at the Holiday Inn Washington Central. It reads like a no frills with a hike to the M. Also, called to request a king bed and told I was booked for doubles in a smoking room. Needles to say, I'm not pleased with smoking room because we have allergies. Very kindly asked for non-smoking. We'll see what happens.

Thanks for the site.

Emily

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Sorry to hear you're disappointed with the results. This property was previously listed in the Priceline Hotel List for this area, so it should been consdiered a possibility. However, as i think you're now aware, it would have been better to lower your bid price when you lowered your star rating, as explained in this thread: If You Lower Your Star Rating then Lower Your Bid Price. Even if this is an overbid, you still saved ~$45/nite which is over $200 for this 5 nite stay... hopefully you can make it work for your needs.

Feel free to ask for help before bidding for your next hotel stay.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...
*** 1501 Rhode Island Ave Holiday Inn Washington Central

10/1/09 - 10/6/09 $140 per night

Began bidding for ***+ at $80, next attempt at $115, then $137.

Changed to *** and should have lower my bit to $80 but didn't. :)

Tax & fees $113.70

Really upset at paying $140 a night at the Holiday Inn Washington Central. It reads like a no frills with a hike to the M. Also, called to request a king bed and told I was booked for doubles in a smoking room. Needles to say, I'm not pleased with smoking room because we have allergies. Very kindly asked for non-smoking. We'll see what happens.

Thanks for the site.

Emily

Ended up with the king bed and non-smoking after all. The staff at the hotel ARE very nice. The room was fine but the bathroom was a postage stamp! The walk to the M was not too bad especially if you consider it part of your daily exercise to keep healthy. I wouldn't want to do it during the cold months. Wouldn't want to stay there again.
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]