Priceline/Hotwire centered travel agency

chpcruzr
By chpcruzr,
in

Does anyone know of travel agents that specialize in finding the best Priceline/Hotwire prices for people? Using the information from this board, and other information available on the web, you can easily blow away most travel agency best deals. It seems it would be fairly simple (and well worth the extra $ to the customer) for a travel agent to specialize in placing knowledgable bids for people and then just charge a small fee for the assistance. I can save hundreds (sometimes thousands) of dollars on trips using PL for hotel & air but I would sure like to just be able to call a travel agent and have them take care of it for me.

There are a few issues here.

First, Priceline's Terms of Service are for non-commercial use only, so i think somebody bidding for you and charging for that would be a violation.

I don't know what is involved in becoming a travel agent, but i believe they are licensed and regulated, so there might be some sort of issue with "only doing something in the customer's interest" and then buying a hotel room without knowing which one it is.

As a thread here also indicates, mistakes DO happen to all of us, and since getting them corrected is the exception rather than the rule, one mistake could be quite costly.

I do know of a service that charges for a bidding advice and strategy, but it's the same info you can get here on your own, so what's the point in paying for it?

Depending upon just how much traveling you book, have you thought about hiring a high school (or college if there is one nearby) kid for a few hours a week to do your bidding? I would think that you could find somebody interested to be hired on an "as needed basis" and "flexible schedule" (meaning that they you tell them that you'll need them to come in for 2 hours this week, but they can come in any 2 hours they choose, and sometimes they won't be needed at all)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

chpcruzr,

Very good question, actually I am a travel coordinator and do use Priceline for my clients when I can. But, always with the client knowing, If they save money they keep coming back to me for tours, cruises, and other hotel and vacation needs.

A travel agent who knows his or her stuff knows the client and what the client is looking for. So bidding is not hit or miss.

For most clients priceline only works for Hotel stays, not airline fares.

I have been doing this for a 4 years now and have not yet incountered a problem in bidding for myself or for clients. I know when bidding will work and when it won't. It goes without saying for clients who change plans often I do not bid, for those I know will keep the reservation I bid. However, when I do bid, my clients know I am bidding and the price that is accepted is what they pay.

I spend hours and hours researching the best deals.

Because as a travel agent I do put my clients first. If they save money, they might travel more.

Just thought Id put in my two cents.

Lisa

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]