Priceline Hotel: Help with 5* in Singapore

tmm1012
By tmm1012,
in

I'm traveling to Singapore, and will be there from Nov. 5 through Nov. 9. I'd prefer to stay in either the City Hall or Orchard Rd Zone (unless someone recommends a different zone for general tourists to stay in - a group of mid-20 guys).

I put in these bids last night:

• 5* City Hall - $74 (rejected)
  • 5* City Hall, Financial District - $77 (rejected)
  • 5* City Hall, Financial District, East Coast - $81 (rejected)
  • 5* City Hall, Financial District, East Coast, Riverside - $85 (rejected)

• 5* Orchard Rd - $74 (rejected)
  • 5* Orchard Rd, Financial District - $77 (rejected)
  • 5* Orchard Rd, Financial District, East Coast - $81 (rejected)
  • 5* Orchard Rd, Financial District, East Coast, Riverside - $85 (rejected)

[Financial District, East Coast, and Riverside all do not have any 5* properties, so they created free rebids for a 5*. ]

Here is the list of known Priceline hotels in Singapore.

I do see a few others (here and here) that have been successful for similar bid prices, but obviously dates and inventory are the big factor. Any thoughts on rebid strategies (i.e. wait a few days/week)? I think I've included all the information I need to include here, but let me know if I'm leaving out anything that would be helpful.

I'm going to Singapore in December & Priceline'd the Conrad for $77/nt. I've seen it go from $77-$95 in your timeframe. Try adding the Bugis area if you're simply interested in a nice hotel, there are several, although none listed under this website. I stayed there my last trip to SIN, and it was fine. The area is decent, shopping is good, food is uber-cheap, and it's 2-3 MRT stops from the action either way you go. The nightlife is good also. No matter what, SIN is soooooo easy to walk by foot, there's really not a problem with ANY of PRICELINE's listed areas for fun.

I'd just keep trying PRICELINE daily if I were you. I've been trying daily in HNL for the same dates, same Star Level, same price for a month to no avail--- until boom, it happens. I guess if inventory looks like it'll be low, they start doling out more rooms to the lower rates like PRICELINE. Good luck!

Man's Chief Purpose Is To Live, Not To Exist - Jack London

Thanks so much for your reply. I do have a bit of time so there's no huge rush - the Conrad definitely looks pretty incredible, though. Can you remember any of the hotels in the Bugis area that I could look into to decide if they look good enough to bid that zone?

the only reported hotel is the albert court, that I once got (3star.. hoping for the Interconti at that time that was also listed as 3star at that time in pl) (but didn't check-in finally). nowadays pl offers bidding up to 5 star in bugis.. my guess is that the intercontinental could be a 4-star oder 5-star in bugis area, but not sure at all..

I think Chris is correct. The Intercontinental would probably be the only 5* in Bugis, and maybe the Park Royal on Beach Rd would be the 4* with the Albert Court being the 3*. Maybe the Citadines Serviced Residence being another 3 or 4. Not sure without any previous win declarations though.

Man's Chief Purpose Is To Live, Not To Exist - Jack London

I had to poke my nose in here since I'm a Singaporean :)

The Intercontinental at Bugis is at a good location as it is right beside/ within a shopping mall (Bugis Junction). The train (MRT) station is also in the shopping mall, a mere 5 minutes walk will bring you into the station. There are loads of buses which stop outside the mall which bring you into Orchard Road. There is also a open market (runs from afternoon to midnight) opposite the mall. Lots of cheap food & shopping!

Park Royal at Beach Road looks a lot older and more run down than Intercon. It is not near any shopping centres nor MRT station (15-20 minute walk to nearest station which is Bugis Station)

I don't even want to talk about Albert Court.

The Conrad deal is amazing. I never knew they went for so low. Will they reject Singaporeans who actually bag such a deal? The Conrad is not as near to the MRT although it is near 3 major shopping malls.

I hope you have a good stay in my country!

Thanks for the input, chewiegranolabar! It's always helpful to hear from locals to get some ideas. The Intercontinental sounds great, but it's hard to know whether there are any other 5* hotels in that zone. I know I've read when placing a bid that the hotel you win "may or may not be one of the ones shown in regular search results"....but would it be likely that they have properties that they only sell rooms at Name Your Own Price? I can do some research, both on Priceline and other sites to try to determine if there are any other 5* properties in that zone, but I'd be curious if anyone can share thoughts on that.

There are hotels in the "name your own price" side of PRICELINE that do not participate in the "retail" side... and vice-versa (hotels that participate in the "retail" side that do not participdate in the "name your own price" side)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There are hotels in the "name your own price" side of PRICELINE that do not participate in the "retail" side... and vice-versa (hotels that participate in the "retail" side that do not participdate in the "name your own price" side)

Thanks for this clarification - good to know.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Will do! I'll use the link each time I put in my bids....

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]