Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Orange County (Anaheim - Disney South) Hyatt

farnorthtrader
By farnorthtrader,
in

I am looking for a hotel near Disneyland for April 20-27, 2005. I have pulled up a hotwire one that exactly matches the Hyatt for $43/night, with Hyatt website rates of $109 for the first four nights and $159 for the last 3 nights (the hotwire rate is also slightly lower for the first four nights and slightly higher for the last three).

I have also gotten to the last stage of bidding on priceline for a similiar hotel and will almost certainly be able to get one for $35 or $36/night, but there is a great likelihood that this is the Radisson Maingate, which is available on their website for $74/night (that is why I expect that this is the one that is available for the mid thirties).

The Hyatt is now fully renovated (both towers). My question (I bet you wondered if I would ever get to one) is which one would any of you choose, the renovated Hyatt for a little more money, or the old Radisson for a little less money, or would you wait, hoping you could get an even better deal closer to my travel dates.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I think eveyone's answer to this would be different, but if i thought i'd be happier at the Hyatt than that is the one i would go with.... $10/nite isn't going to break my budget and if i'd get an extra $10 worth of enjoyment out if it then it is certainly worth it. If you said that you just needed a bed to sleep and didn't really care about the hotel, then the less expensive one would be the more appropriate option, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

It's not always about getting the absolute cheapest price, it's about getting the most value for your money.

At $43 a nite i would take it; sure it could go down a couple of dollars, but what if it disappears entirely and then all that shows is a more expensive option that you're not as happy with? (again, others may differ on this aspect too, but these are my thoughts on the matter)

I have no firsthand experience at either, but here are some reviews of the HYATT and here are some of the RADISSON, along with some BetterBidding user HYATT REVIEWS.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, I took your advice and used your link. I got the Hyatt Orange County for $43/night plus fees and taxes for a total of $345.95 on Hotwire, compared to the prepaid rate on the Hyatt website of $1078, a savings of 68%. I took a close look at the reviews of the Hyatt and if you take out the pre-renovation, South Tower ratings, it would probably be the 5th or 6th best rated hotel on Trip Advisor for the Disneyland area.

Just another tip for those who might be looking to travel at a similiar time: I also got a full size car rental for 15 days from the 12th to the 27th for $16/day, all in, by using the Entertainment Book discounts.

Just another tip for those who might be looking to travel at a similiar time: I also got a full size car rental for 15 days from the 12th to the 27th for $16/day, all in, by using the Entertainment Book discounts.

Care to share with which car rental company this rate was for?

By the way good choice on the Hyatt. Stayed at the Radisson but wasn't too impressed with the rooms - a tad old and the coffee maker even had unwashed coffee stains, not to mention an additional wrong carpark charge after i had checked out! On the plus side service was acceptable and location good.

Congratulations on your win... seems like a great choice to me! It's nice being happy with the results and having a whole 6 months to think about how good you did :)

Could you also please add the actual star rating and amenities of the Hyatt (still can be viewed by clicking the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right corner of Hotwire's home page). It would help to see all the amenities, but i'm really questioning whether or not a hi-speed internet icon is still shown with your purchase. I'm assuming it was still listed as a Customer Favorite.

Thank you for following-up your thread with the outcome and for helping to support the board by using our links.

Have a great stay!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]