OR Portland Holiday Inn Airport

headtrip
By headtrip,
in

The Holiday Inn Portland Airport is one of the better representatives for the Holiday Inn chain. The registration process was quick and the employees were very helpful. The room on the sixth floor was modern with no blemishes as is sometimes found with other priceline stays. The room itself had 2 queen beds with a 25 inch TV, and divided sink and bath as do most Holiday Inns and was very satisfactory. The hotel was nearly full due to a conference being held in an adjacent building, and my only criticism would be that the corridors were so narrow between the hotel and conference center, that it was difficult to move through the corridors when there was pedestrian traffic between these 2 buildings.

~Steve~

• 6 years later...

Our June 2011 stay at the Holiday Inn Portland Airport was a good deal on PL. Our king room was a little small for all the furnishings -- desk with chair, TV armoire, and easy chair -- but was modern and very clean. The public areas of the hotel, however, are in need of updating, and the hallway carpeting shows dirt in the middle walk areas The guest laundry was just one washer and dryer, in a small dimly lit room. The configuration of the lower level is quite depressing with an indoor pool which is open to a conference area and a windowless restaurant. The odor of chlorine is offputting, and rises to the lobby area above. The workout room on this level was small but had adequate equipment in good condition. The coffee and scones served in the lobby area is a nice touch. We did take the MAX into the city from the nearby Cascade station, which was convenient.

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at the PDX Airport Holiday Inn for four nights in late June 2011. Although the hotel is only 3 stars, I found it to be a pleasant surprise. As other reviews said, the public areas (though huge) leave something to be desired and the smell of chlorine from the pool wafts all to the way to the elevator lobby quite a ways away (and one floor up).

The room was clean and the bed comfortable, though the pillows left something to be desired (there were satin ribbons around each, declaring 'soft' and 'firm,' which should have really read 'less lumpy' and 'more lumpy'). The bathroom counter had a burn mark on it, but that didn't bother me. Plenty of towels, which though not plush like a top-end hotel, they weren't flimsy like budget hotels.

The TV was standard, not flat-screen, and the reception was by satellite which apparently was taking an east-coast feed for some cable networks, as some shows that were scheduled for 10:00 p.m., for example, aired at 7:00 p.m.

The biggest down-side was the excruciatingly slow wireless internet connection. The hotel was in the process of upgrading (I saw the workers during my stay), but t was not complete before my departure, so I cannot address whether there is a significant improvement. The internet service while I was there made it almost impossible to get anything done.

But for $45/night, I can't complain.

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]