Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (Downtown-Soho-Financial) Millenium Hotel

MGopher007
By MGopher007,
in

Looking for help with a bidding strategy for any and all zones OTHER than Brooklyn, LIC, and SOHO. With the sheer number of hotels in my chosen zones, i would think i stand a fair chance avoiding a few of them. If one of the zones I am neglecting is better as a central locale, thank you for sharing :)

Dates are somewhat flexible, with any 3 night stay between 12/10 - 12/16. Preference is 12/10 - 12/13. Would like to start with 4* and maximum bid of $150. Seeing as this is a few months out, I would like to start bidding at a (realistic) rock bottom rate and move up over the next week or so. I've seen some low $100's in the wins calendar, so I'm somewhat hopeful. Only my wife and I, so double occupancy is fine. Would prefer not to split the stay between 2 hotels.

Thereuare/Aaron, if you need more info from me, please let me know (read: which zone i prefer the most, etc).

Please list the zones you're willing to accept, by PRICELINE name, rather than the ones you won't accept.

I'm guessing the dates of 12/11-12/14 may give you the best shot, but i'll also add that for this time of year your $150 budget for a 4* hotel may be a bit of a stretch. If you're not willing to bid up to $150 at this point in time, what is your current maximum bid?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Looking for CPS, Chelsea, ESB, MSG,MTE, MTW, TS, UES, UWS.

I'm looking at $150 as my max bid for now, but would need a suggestion as to what is reasonable to start at? Is $150 a starting point since you stated that it is a stretch for the time of year? I'd like to try that or under for a week or so to see if I can find something. If not, i'll either drop down to a 3.5*, add in the zones i've left out, or stay across the river.

Note...i have yet to place a bid at all on this stay.

Also, better to avoid the weekend in NY as it is in Vegas or typically the same?

I'm not suggesting you don't try lower, but that i think your chances at the moment are low.

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zoenes. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* CPS, MTE, MTW, TS, and UWS...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* ESB...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* CPS, MTE, MTW, TS, UWS, and ESB...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

*I looked to see if i could edit the title of the thread, but didn't see it anywhere*

4* New York City Millennium Hotel

12/10-12/13

$130/night

Average nightly rate on their site is $519 for the same dates.

Attempted the bidding strategy above. Was given the message that my bid was way to low to even be close at $125, but was accepted at $130.

I did use the link in your sig too :)

Thank you Thereuare for your help, again. With my 3 wins, this site has saved me upwards of $2000 against what I would have spent booking direct.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear the board has been helpful with your travel purchases and that you've seen some NICE savings on your travel plans.

Can you please add a reply to this thread clarifying which Millenium Hotel you received... there's the Millenium Broadway, Millenium UN, and the Millenium Hilton. If you're not sure just provide the address of the hotel you received and we'll figure it out.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay and have fun in NYC!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I have a question for the OP...

Does the hotel accept children? There seems to be 2 Millenium hotels in New York, and the one near the UN building doesn't allow reservation with child.

Thanks!

(BTW, I want to go at the exact same date as you...I'll probably use the same strategy.

Thanks!

Does the hotel accept children? There seems to be 2 Millenium hotels in New York, and the one near the UN building doesn't allow reservation with child.

Where did you see/read/learn this? (as i don't believe this to be the case... this hotel does allow children)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]