Hotwire Hotel: no Chicago hotels 9/11-9/13?

Jenga
By Jenga,
in

My apologies if this has already been addressed (didn't see it anywhere), but I can find nothing -- zip, zero, nada -- in Chicago other than the airports for 9/11-9/13. Hotwire has nothing, Expedia has nothing.

I see there's a big printing convention going on, but would that take *all* the hotel rooms in the city? We really only want 9/12-9/13, but I also tried with 9/11-9/13 to see if this was just an exclusion for one-night stays. Both returned same big goose egg results.

I've never seen anything like this. Anyone know what's up? Thanks!

I got curious and looked at the Priceline retail side. Same results. ???

Then looked at some Chicago events calendars on-line and couldn't spot anything that looked that major. ????

Romelle

Maybe you could make one of the airport hotels work - free shuttle back to airport and train downtown? Clumsy, but beats some other options.

thereuare, the convention that caught my eye is "Print 09" at McCormick Place w/75,000 attendees. No idea if this is large for Chicago or not.

OK, I was hoping there was just something easy or obvious here that I was missing. I'll keep checking for this week for rooms downtown; if the airports are the only option we'll probably just drive down and back on Saturday.

I'll close this one way or the other by Friday, of course using Better Bidding's HOTWIRE link if we end up finding something. Thanks, as always, for the help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]