Canada Victoria Paul's Motor Inn 1*

WillTravel
By WillTravel,
in

I forgot to put this review up here.

My bid was $19 USD per night. Our stay was March 21-23, 2003.

We were treated just as well on a Priceline stay as we were with a previous corporate rate stay. This time around we got a microwave in our room, which was nice and unexpected.

This is much like a Motel 6, but a few touches nicer. It's a typical motel property with three floors and exterior stairways.

We were given a 2-double-bed room without asking, which is what we wanted.

Staff were very friendly. We borrowed a hair-dryer without trouble. We asked for a few extra items (like styrofoam cups and shampoo), as there were 3 of us.

Priceline didn't seem to be an issue. It was just mentioned regarding prepayment.

Rooms were clean. The decor is standard and neutral. There were two chairs and a table, and a night table (attached to the wall) between the beds.

The bathroom (in the two rooms I've stayed in) was what I see as British-style or just old-style. The tub/shower and toilet are in the bathroom, and the sink is in an adjacent area. This is fine, so far as I'm concerned.

The motel has an attached restaurant, which serves quite cheap 50s-American-style food. A hit with kids. There's also a guest laundry.

Parking is free.

I like this place, and would stay here again. I wish it were about 8 short blocks closer to downtown, but it's pretty central.

With a bid rate of $19 US, I saved about $30 Canadian total for the two nights over the corporate rate I normally would have paid.

=============

Next weekend, we'll try the Accent Inn (bid experience on Priceline HK posted elsewhere), and I'll be able to compare two Victoria-area 1* hotels. As I posted elsewhere, this hotel doesn't seem to be available for $19USD during the summer. But late fall, winter, and early spring are so slow in Victoria, that there are bargains to be had.

Based on other bids I have seen and my bid on Priceline HK that got Accent Inn, I think a bid of about $33-35 USD is likely to nail a 1-star hotel in Victoria during the summer months.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]