Priceline Hotel: Suggestions for Vegas South Strip?

Rockbot
By Rockbot,
in

Planning on heading to Vegas 12/4-12/7, three nights, and I like to start planning early. I am looking for some bidding tips for the south strip on Priceline- the kicker is that I want to be ON the strip, not at the westin or hooters. Ideally, I would like to be at THEhotel, but I'm really not that picky. Could people please offer suggestions on when/how/how much to bid for the south strip without ending up with any "near south strip" hotels?

By the way- best board online period- it's so much fun combining information here with placing a bid on priceline.

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

There's quite a difference in quality between Hooters and THEhotel... what star rating are you seeking? What is your maximum budget?

Let us know the above and we'll try to advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't want to pay more than $100 per night- I know I could get the luxor or NYNY for less than that on Priceline- but would like to try for THEhotel. In any case, I would be fine with any strip hotel, but I don't want to get stuck paying $100 per night for the Luxor when I could probably get it for $50.

I can't guarantee that you will be directly on the strip... only that you will be within the boundaries of the zone as defined by PRICELINE. THEhotel is the only 5* property that has been reported in this zone, and i'm not aware of any other 5 stars in this zone that would be located off-strip, but there could always be a property that I, or you, didn't consider that PRICELINE considers 5 stars.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

South Point and M are NOT South Strip. They are "Near strip south" and the M is like 10 miles off the strip! South Strip is like MGM, Mandalay Bay, Luxor, Excalibur...

The Westin is awesome! I dunno why everyone hates it LOL. But yea, at this time the only known 5 star south strip is THE Hotel. But, you are bidding on a weekend, I really doubt you can get it that low. Maybe if you go up to $150.

• 8 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]