Priceline Hotel: Santa Rosa 9/5/09

nango57
By nango57,
in

To confirm, the PRICELINE zone is bigger than just Santa Rosa so you could receive a hotel anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone. Assuming you're "ok" with this...

At the 3* level you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 3* Santa Rosa...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70

Assuming the above fails, i would try the following for a 3.5* property (where you have TWO re-bid zones):

Select 3* Santa Rosa and re-bid zone2 (the zone you didn't include above)...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80.

The above is probably too low (and $80 may not even be enough), but i would try the above somewhat lowball bids your first cycle.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

After looking for availabilty for Santa Rosa hotels today, it appears a lot of the rooms are sold out which is why I looked at Hotwire for their rates. When deciding on my $80 max, I was unsure whether I wanted to visit the area but now am sure I will be going this weekend...so yes, I am willing to go up to $125/nite.

I also understand the PRICELINE Zone is for the surrounding areas, not just Santa Rosa. Given this, should the bidding strategy change or should I go ahead and see what happens?

Give the fact you're looking for Saturday night of Labor Day weekend, plus the fact it's the Sonoma Wine Country Festival, I would bid up to $125 on PRICELINE (start with 4 stars, then 3.5, then 3). If unsuccessful, then book the Hotwire hotel you're seeing for $125.

http://www.sonomawinecountryweekend.com/

Not the easiest weekend to book in the wine country, however good luck to you and keep us posted.

I would try:

Select 3* Santa Rosa...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125

Note HOTWIRE has a 3* which has not yet been identified for $125/nite, but it's unknown if this would be a 2.5* or 3* on PRICELINE (since the two services use different criteria to rate their properties)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My guess is that the HOTWIRE 3 star Santa Rosa Hotel for Labor Day weekend might be the Holiday Inn Express, or some other moderately priced motel that offers a free continental breakfast.

That said, if your 3.5 and 3 star bidding does not work, you might consider PRICELINE 2.5 or even 2 star hotels for this particular weekend. Either that, or keep bidding up to the day of arrival if you can wait.

Good Luck :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]