Priceline Hotel: 4* London (The City - FD) Crowne Plaza - The City

gcap05
By gcap05,
in

I've been trying various bids for a two-night stay in London. Checking in on 12/16th and checking out on 12/18th. Tried both 4* and 5* hotels in Mayfair/soho. The lowest counter-offer I could get was $190. THere have been no counter offers for a 4*.

I've noticed elsewhere on this board that people have been getting 4* hotels in London for around $100. I did offer that but nothing has been accepted.

Any tips of how to improve my chances without significantly increasing the bid? I am willing to go up to $140 per night. (Btw, I did try $140 but no offers)

Thanks in advance.

Glad you were successful.

Did you accomplish this by adding a zone that you previously didn't? What bid was rejected before the above $120 was accepted?

Thank you for posting and adding this property to our list. Here are some REVIEWS of this hotel.

Enjoy your stay and time in London.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My bids for $100, 105, 110 were all rejected. I just decided to bump it up to $120.

I took the risk of picking areas that were "unlikely" to have a 4* in order to rebid but I did observe something very strange. The system randomly allowed me to try my bid immediately without changing anything. That was weird.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]