kauai car rental

BACI
By BACI,
in

Looking for a car rental in kauai 9/20-9/23 in cheapest available class, with hopefully an upgrade to convertible class. I have read other users getting economy through PL for $9-18. I have tried everyday in $1 increments in every class. Any suggestions? I am getting a rate of $20/day through car rental checker. Is it worth booking that and upgrading? I have seen a lot of posts saying it is $9/day to upgrade. Does that mean at the counter or at the time of checkout when you purchase online? Thanks.

I wouldn't use PRICELINE or HOTWIRE to save $2/day on a rental... plus you may find that after their booking fee is included you would be better off booking direct.

I'm not sure where you're seeing $9/day to upgrade, but typically this is done at the rental counter based upon availability, and the rate to upgrade can vary greatly based upon what's available on the lot at the time of your pick-up. If there is one convertible and LOTS of economy cars then the cost to upgrade will likely be the full cost difference between the two car classes at the time of pick-up... of they have LOTS of convertibles and only a few economy cars, the cost to upgrade may be substantially less.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (or the links in our support page if you choose to book direct)

Let us know whatever you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...
Looking for a car rental in kauai 9/20-9/23 in cheapest available class, with hopefully an upgrade to convertible class. I have read other users getting economy through PL for $9-18. I have tried everyday in $1 increments in every class. Any suggestions? I am getting a rate of $20/day through car rental checker. Is it worth booking that and upgrading? I have seen a lot of posts saying it is $9/day to upgrade. Does that mean at the counter or at the time of checkout when you purchase online? Thanks.

Try bidding today....I just got $11 day for a midsize.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]