FL Tampa Bush Gardens DoubleTree Suites

rscima
By rscima,
in

Bid PL 2 1/2 * for Tampa-Bush Gardens zone. 2 rooms for 1nt in mid-Dec '02. Bid $30 came back with rejection but "one time offer" to rebid by adding $12 to offer. I took the bait (didn't know about free rebidding then-I was "green"). PL came back with "Congratulations" Not only had they accepted my bid but I had been "upgraded" to the 3*Double Tree suites! I was thrilled & immediately began bragging to my travel mates about the "Suite" hotel we were getting in Tampa! What a disappointment this dump was. I would have paid $50 not to have to sleep there that night...thank goodness it was only for 1 night. The place totally gave me the creeps. The glass door that led to the parking lot had a broken lock on it, our room was on the 2nd floor & the elevator alone was downright scary! The floor covering was ripped up & there was no finish on the walls (except for the glue marks where the "paneling" used to be!). The rooms were supposed to be non-smoking but one of them clearly had smokers in it previously. I know priceline doesn't guarantee non smoking but this WAS a designated NON-smoking room by the hotel. The rooms also had a "french" door as the entrance door to your room which made me feel completely unsafe - especially with the broken lock on the glass door out the parking lot. Need I say more? We could not wait to check out in the morning & I felt really bad for the friends who were with me because I knew they were grossed out too but they were trying not to be rude & hurt my feelings. I felt a little twinge in my stomach as we drove past the Amerisuites that I had gotten in the past & thought I would get again only to be "upgraded". Oh well, good lesson & like I said, at least it was only for 1 night!

If anyone receives this hotel, I would be anxious to know their opinion. Maybe they have renovated recently? All I can say is why does priceline have so many nice "continental breakfast included" hotels in their 2 1/2* list but usually not on the 3* list?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]