Priceline Hotel: San Francisco, 10/15/09, what happens?

mturcatel
By mturcatel,
in

I,ve tried many times the period 10/15/09 to 10/19/09 unsuccessfully. Could ,somebody, tell me what happens in the city on the 10/15/09? In this day, especifically, all the hotels have the highest fares. I've be thinking to bid in embarcadero area, is it a nice area? Sorry for the question, because I am from Brazil and I need a little help. Thanks for all.

My highest bid for the USE area was U$ 130,00 and for USW was U$ 125,00, all the times I selected 4 star. Looking for this period on Hyatt USE and Hyatt Embarcadero, there's no vacancy. I think that will have some event on that period. I,ve be thinking to bid in Embarcadero and Soma areas or wait and been trying USE and USW.

???
I,ve be thinking to bid in Embarcadero and Soma areas or wait and been trying USE and USW.
Let us know when you decide how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My highest bid for the USE area was U$ 130,00 and for USW was U$ 125,00, all the times I selected 4 star. Looking for this period on Hyatt USE and Hyatt Embarcadero, there's no vacancy. I think that will have some event on that period. I,ve be thinking to bid in Embarcadero and Soma areas or wait and been trying USE and USW.

Regardless of what event(s) is going on in San Francisco during this timeframe (October is typically a busy month for conventions in SF), if hotels are either fully booked or at very high occupancy levels, then it's possible they are not allocating any inventory to PRICELINE right now. Bidding on Priceline usually takes quite a bit of patience when you're dealing with high occupancy rates due to popular events and/or conventions. My suggestion would be to book a retail rate that allows for cancellation without penalties up until 24 hours before your arrival. And in the meantime, keep trying to bid on PRICELINE about once a week or so. Once we get into September, begin bidding a little more often, two or three times a week. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Thank you very much Beav, I understood perfectly. I'll do it the way you spoke.

Thereuare, I'm sorry, I didn't answer your question, because I do not understand what means "splitting my priceline bid". My favorite areas are USE and USW, I want to stay there and I want four star level. In the topic Priceline Hotel List, I see that USE area have two four star level hotels, Grand Hyatt and Westin St.Francis and USW area have more alternatives. I'll keep trying the way Beav said.

Thanks for this space.

"Splitting your bid" = trying to bid for each half of your stay separately instead of as a whole.
... which also means you have to be open to the <likely> possibility of staying in different hotels over the course of your stay, changing properties mid-stay.

The reasons for doing so, and further information on this concept, can be read by clicking the following link: SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I read the link about "splitting your priceline bid", I understood the process, but in my case, I don't think it's a good idea, I'm travelling with my wife and my eight years old son and I don't want to take the risk to switch hotels during my stay in San Francisco. I'll keep trying like Beav suggest. Something new I'll come to tell. Thanks for all.

I'm travelling with my wife and my eight years old son...

Do be aware that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy... there is a chance that you get a room which only has one bed and the hotel may be unable, or unwilling, to switch you to a room with two beds (or there may be an additional charge to do so)

Some choose to take this risk, but if you're not, you can still try using HOTWIRE and searching for 2adults/1child, which will guarantee sleeping accomodations for everyone you include in the search.

Any questions feel free to ask. If you choose to add other zone(s) to your PRICELINE bidding or decide you'd like to try HOTWIRE let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

Keep us updated.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]