Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando (WDW) Omni at Champions Gate

lastmohicanIL
By lastmohicanIL,
in

Hello,

I'm planning a 4 night stay at Downtown Disney in Orlando this November, specifically looking at the Hilton. I was planning to use PRICELINE. My party includes 3 adults (one of the a senior citizen) and a 5-yr old.

Does this require 2 rooms to be booked? Can I make a 1-room booking and then arrange for extra beds/rollaways ? Will Hilton accommodate it or give me the "Priceline treatment"?

In the past, I've made bookings for my family (2 adults and a 5-yr old) via Priceline and stayed in 1 room without a problem. Not sure whether I can pull this off with an extra adult.

Any help (or other hotel choices) would be appreciated.

Thanks.

All that is guarnateed with PRICELINE is a room that will accomodate double occupancy... after that, it's at the discretion of the hotel. Given that your stay is in Orlando the hotels are used to catering to families and have a higher percentage of rooms with two beds, so i think your chances of being accomodated are 'pretty good', but it's still a risk since the hotel would be within their right if they were only able, or willing, to give you a room with one bed (and/or charge extra for a room with 2 beds)

If you want to ensure enough sleeping accomodations for everyone in your group, using HOTWIRE and searching for 3adults/1child, would be a safer option.

Ultimately it's a calculated risk which you'll have to decide if you're willing to take or not.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

PS- also, note that you can't target a specific hotel with PRICELINE, so "specifically looking at the Hilton" is probably not a good idea, since there is no way to increase your chances of landing this property vs. any other Resort class hotel in the zone

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the response. There's been a change of plans and my party is down to 3 (myself, spouse and daughter).

I've been trying to use PRICELINE via BB to book a 4* (or resort) in the WDW vicinity for Dec 5-10. I started off at 55$ and am actually at 70$ right now, but surprisingly, no success yet. Based on what I read, that week is not supposed to be busy. What am I doing wrong? Frankly, I'm quite surprised.

If you enter "Orlando WDW" (without the quotes) into the QUICK SEARCH box at the top of the board and look thru the winning bids you'll see there are some dates where users have been successful at ~$60, but there are plenty of instances where it has taken $75-$90 as well. Checking the Hilton website (only because that is the property you mentioned above) rates for your dates start at $179/nite, making your $70 bid thus far well under half of prevailing rates. I suspect your close, but at the moment it will probably take closer to the $75-$90 that others have wo at than the 'ultra low' demand dates when $60-$65 has been enough.

What is your maximum bid?

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

EDIT TO ADD: i think i was looking at the wrong Hilton property... rates for your dates are $129, making your $70 bid not too far out of line, although based upon your rejection up to this point, i'm guessing you're currently looking at the $75-$90 range to be successful. Your stay isn't until December so it's possible it's still early as well and the hotel(s) haven't released deeply discounted inventory to the opaque suppliers yet.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks everyone!

Accepted at 76 per night for the Omni at ChampionsGate between 12/5 - 12/10. Moved up from 70 to 72 to 76. Should have stayed at 75 :)

Based on prior reviews in this forum and tripadvisor, I'm satisfied. I'm thankful I didn't land the Hilton.

If I haven't mentioned this already, this site is awesome. I used this on an earlier occasion to book a stay in Seattle and found it to be useful then too.

Thanks again !

Oops. Forgot to mention that I used the PRICELINE link from this site.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the results and, to your liking, you didn't receive the hotel you were expecting. A very nice deal for this property and should work out well for your stay.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

EDIT TO ADD: i think i was looking at the wrong Hilton property... rates for your dates are $129, making your $70 bid not too far out of line, although based upon your rejection up to this point, i'm guessing you're currently looking at the $75-$90 range to be successful. Your stay isn't until December so it's possible it's still early as well and the hotel(s) haven't released deeply discounted inventory to the opaque suppliers yet.

Just curious, how far out in terms of months is a good time to book a hotel via PRICELINE? I thought a couple of months is good, but I did jump the gun on this trip a bit considering that I wanted a 4*. Is 3 months too far out?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]