Priceline Hotel: Seattle Hotel for RING OPera 4 Star 8 nights.

InfiniteLove&Gratitude
By InfiniteLove&Gratitude,
in

Rates are not high for these dates... is it worth it to you to bid a little higher (if so, how much) to have the complete stay at one hotel and not have to change properties OR is price the most important factor and you're willing to switch hotels in order to save money?

Also, if you prefer to switch to save money, does the swtich need to be midstay or would it also be fine to split 6/2 or 5/3?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would try bidding as follows:

At the 4* level you have NINE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Pike Place...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75

I'd bid the above for the following date combinations:

8/24-9/1

8/24-8/31

8/25-9/1

8/24-8/30

8/26-9/1

8/24-8/29

8/27-9/1

If the above is rejected, close the browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE. I'd then proceed as follows (all in the same day as the above):

Select 4* Pike Place...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone (any re-bid zone NOT used above)...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90

Once again looping thru the following dates

8/24-9/1

8/24-8/31

8/25-9/1

8/24-8/30

8/26-9/1

8/24-8/29

8/27-9/1

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wheee No LUCK yet in Seattle.

What fun

Thanks for the suggestions.

I made a graph and followed it closely.

Rebid all date combinations from $65 to $85 and 2 bids at $90 before I ran out of bids.

Tried a few 3 and 2 day stays and were rejected. Gurrrr

I still can't believe they are not being accepted given the wins on the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Any further suggestions appreciated.

Do the hotwire deals change daily, hourly, should I keep an eye on that site as well. It seems higher.

Will start at $90 tomorrow and follow the same pattern.

Really reluctant to drop to 31/2* as there are too many options.

Thanks

Still having fun. Love saving money.... if only you could get me a deal on the Seattle Opera RIng Tickets!

Rates change all the time based upon supply/demand factors.

I don't think you're too far off, perhaps within another $10-$15 may do it, but you also may want to consider again how high you're willing to bid for the complete stay before bidding (given you know $90 isn't enough for these dates when splitting the bid)

Let us know how it goes and keep us updated as to your progress.

I still can't believe they are not being accepted given the wins on the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.
The trend we've been seeing this summer in Seattle is that the earlier you can book, the better. If you check each bid you're seeing in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins, you'll find that the bids are at least a few weeks old, and several of the bids were made months ago. The Westin and Sheraton appear to be offering the best prices to those who book first; as the rooms are sold off, the price goes up. Those who have bid for a 4* about a week before check-in have usually had to pay at least $90.

Judging from the rates on HOTWIRE, you might be able to get a 4* room for about $80 for the last two nights of your stay, but I don't know if you're going to save enough money by splitting your bid to make it worthwhile. I agree with thereuare that $10-15 more should do it, and I think sticking with one bid is your best option.

Really reluctant to drop to 3 1/2* as there are too many options.
There are fewer 3.5* hotels than 4* hotels (five altogether, and only three of them have been reported recently). Is there one that you're trying to avoid?
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]