Hotwire Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown West) Sheraton Centre

cinamongirl
By cinamongirl,
in

Hi,

I was wondering what area I should be searching for for an upcoming Toronto trip with the kids. We want to go to the Skydome to see a ball game, maybe see the children's museum or Ontario science place. We would be willing to use the subway to get around but prefer not to drive around the city if possible. Would the best area to search be Toronto east? Looking for 3.5 to 4 *. Thanks for any assistance.

Somebody local may be able to give you more specific advice, but with Toronot having a very good mass transit system i would think that either of the Downtown zones shoudl work well for your plans.

Once you're ready to move forward let us know the dates of your stay, desired budget, number of adults/children, zone(s) decided upon, star rating, etc. and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You are probably best to stay (try to get) at the Sheraton Centre - it is opposite City Hall, is linked through the underground PATH system to the Eaton Centre, there is a standard mall Food Court about 3 minutes from the Hotel in the PATH. You can walk to the Skydome in around 10 to 15 mins, to the Eaton Centre in about 10 mins, Yonge St is also about 10mins. The hotel has a great indoor/outdoor pool, a business centre with free internet access (I think there is a time limit but it is reasonable). The only thing you would have to drive to would be the Science Centre, and even that you could do by public transit - it just might involve several changes and a bit of time. If you look at the board you will see that the Sheraton is almost always available through Hotwire, Toronto Downtown (West), it is often the 4* offered in the West area - and is usually identified by the 4.00 out of 5.00 Trip advisor.

The other option is the Downtown Toronto East offering (the 4 * that has the tennis court icon and spa) as that is usually the Westin Harbourcastle - it is right on the water and is a 1 min walk to the Toronto Island Ferries. The only downside to staying there is that you are about a 15 min walk to Union Stn (there is a streetcar that will link you to the TTC but it doesn't run that often especially on weekends.)

We have stayed at both several times through HOTWIRE, usually for between $70 and $90 a night - both do have parking charges (unfortunately normal for To.) of about $30 - 40 per day. We like both hotels for different reasons and would recommend either - the Sheraton though is easier to park your car and not use it till you leave!

Good advice from the above post...I have done a number of Skydome trips...any 3.5 or 4 star located in Downtown West or East would be mostly ok location wise...agree 100% that the Sheraton Center on Queen is great to get. Renaissance Hotel is actually in the Skydome but some like it and some don't. (PS. I refuse to call the ballpark Rogers Centre...it will always be Skydome. Good on the original post for referring to it as that as well!!)

Forget paying hotel parking rates...they are unacceptable. Park at the City Hall/Nathan Phillips Square garage (across the street from Sheraton Center). Rates are $14 per weekday and $6 for weekend days and all evenings.

http://www.greenp.com/tpa/parkinglocator/C...CATOR_OPTION=11

Have a great trip to Toronto.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]