Hotwire Hotel: HELP! Mystery Fort Lauderdale Hotels

lovelyrita
By lovelyrita,
in

Does Anyone have any ideas as to what either of these two hotels might be? We're looking to stay on or near the beach pre-cruise.

3 1/2 * Fort Lauderdale Beach Area

Amenities: Suite, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business Center.

$149 per night

2 1/2* Hollywood Beach Area

Amenities: Beachfront, Shuttle, Restaurant, Free Breakfast, Pool, Fitness, Laundry

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Thank you for taking the time to post all of your prior wins... it's very much appreciated and i'm certain will help future users who visit the areas you reported on :)

Neither of the above two hotels have been identfied, but my best guesses are that the 3.5* in the beach area is the DoubleTree Suites. There are also some Embassy Suites in the area but those usually have more amenities than appear in this selection. As well, i'm not that confident about any guess for this as almost all suite properties also have some sort of kitchenette icon, which is not shown in this offering (just makes things less of an 'exact' match).

My best guess on the 2.5* in the Hollywood Beach area would be the Ramada Hollywood Beach Resort. Again, this has not been identified or confirmed, but i couldn't find too many hotels directly on the beach in this area, this one is, and the amenities are a good fit (ie- note that although the shuttle icon is included, there is a surcharge for it, so don't let that be a factor in your decision making).

Neither of the above hotels seem to be a great value as i found both of them on Expedia within $1 of the prices offered... so if you're interested in the specific properties mentioned above i would sooner not take any chances and book direct.

I would also suggest at least trying Priceline as the Hyatt Pier 66 comes up frequently in the beach zone and if you can get it at typical Priceline rates it seems as if it's a much better value than those above (or maybe this is a peak time and there won't be any availability, i didn't look into prices for these dates relative to typical demand). If you're interested in that option let us know and we'll suggest a bidding strategy for your to follow.

Any questions on the above feel free to ask or if there are any new offerings presented we'll try to identify them as well.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, thereuare. You know, you're OK for a Michigan fan (I'm a Badger alum, myself).

I already tried using Priceline to get the Hyatt Pier 66 or the Mariott Marina. I went as high as $80. I didn't want to go any higher than that since the Sheraton Yankee Clipper is available on Hotwire for $94 and I have one of those Entertainment Book $30 coupons.

If the 3 1/2* on the beach was the Embassy, I'd probably go for it since we could then get one room as opposed to two rooms. (We have 5 people). Since it's more likely the Doubletree, I'll probably pass.

Thanks for the info on the Ramada. The appeal of the listing WAS the shuttle -- so if the shuttle isn't free, we're probably not interested.

We're also considering the Amerisuites (using the DD gaurantee, of course). I'm waiting for Valutrips to email be back. Do you think I would be able to use my Entertainment Coupon if I submit a DD guarantee claim?

Thanks so much for your help...I'll keep you posted.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]