Priceline Hotel: 4* Napa-Sonoma (Sonoma) Renaissance Lodge

canada12
By canada12,
in

I can't comment regarding the two hotels above being the only 4* rated hotels in this zone... not sure what you're basing your list upon, but there could always be a hotel that PRICELINE deems to be rated 4* which you may consider ot be otherwise.

At the 4* level in Napa you have THREE re-bid zones, which would give you a maximum of 8 bids per bidding cycle. If you disagree feel free to ask for help and we'll walk you thru it.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Canada12,

You can also search Priceline's vacation packages to see if, by chance, the Westin Verasa displays. If so, you can also confirm what star rating Priceline classifies this property. I would also check the Hotwire vacation packages to see if they sell this property as well.

Thank you both for your help. Still trying to wrap my brain around the process and could use the help for my first PL bid. I was getting PL "neighborhoods" mixed up with "areas" and now understand I have only 3 rebid areas. I'm looking for Aug 19 4*. I see Napa has 5 areas: Napa, Fairfield, Santa Rosa-Rohnert Pk-Petaluma, Sonoma, and Upper Napa. When clicking/checking each individual area I notice the only 4* areas are Napa and Sonoma. I then click on the "Matrix View" which confirms this. I see Napa has Westin Verasa and Vino Bello only under the hotel listing and Sonoma has only Macarthur Place. I hope to win Westin or Vino Bello.

My 3 free rebid area additions to Napa would be Santa Rosa, Fairfield, and Upper Napa correct? Can you explain 8 bids per cycle you mentioned?

Thanks!!

Thereuare can help you with the rebid matrix, but it involves bidding each zone alone, add one, close the browser, etc.

I'll leave it to him because he's the expert.

I wanted to mention that the Meritage has also been reported as a win; it just hasn't made it on the hotel list yet. The Westin, as far as I know, has not been reported yet. There are 3.5 properties that have also been reported that are quite nice, like the Marriott, River Terrace and Embassy Suites.

Good luck with your bidding.

I wanted to mention that the Meritage has also been reported as a win; it just hasn't made it on the hotel list yet.

Do you know how long ago the Meritage was a reported win, or provide a link to a post? If so, perhaps Thereuare can then get it added to the list. Thanks!

I agree with Beav...I can't find the Meritage on this forum or mention of it anywhere on the PL site which again leads me to believe th only 4* properties that PL uses are Westin, Vino Bello and Macarthur Place.

Can anyone guide me through a bidding strategy and process to attempt getting one of these for Aug.19? Can't see why I would pay more than $110 based on past Vino Bello PL wins.

Cheers and thanks in advance!!!

I agree with Beav...I can't find the Meritage on this forum or mention of it anywhere on the PL site which again leads me to believe th only 4* properties that PL uses are Westin, Vino Bello and Macarthur Place.

Can anyone guide me through a bidding strategy and process to attempt getting one of these for Aug.19? Can't see why I would pay more than $110 based on past Vino Bello PL wins.

Cheers and thanks in advance!!!

What are the retail (rack) prices for Westin & Vino Bello for Aug 19? As to past wins at Vino Bello, prices are usually determined by supply & demand, hi/low season, midweek vs weekend, etc. Since your travel date is midweek, your chances are better (in this particular zone) of getting a lower rate vs traveling over a weekend.

FYI

Hotwire is selling a hotel matching Vino Bello for $159 on August 19. Priceline will often beat Hotwire's price, but no guarantee down to $110 you've seen in other reported wins.

Since you have a number of free rebids as well as 9 days out, why not start with a bid of $100 and see what happens? Good luck!

Thanks Beav: I saw this on HW as well but would like to give it a try with PL. Yes...3 free rebids and 9 days and I'm ready to start bidding. Just wanted info on "closing browser to rebid" and "8 bids per cycle" thereuare mentioned above before I get going.

A = Napa

B = Fairfield

C = Santa Rosa

D = Upper Napa Valley

Note: We will not use Sonoma zone as a free rebid since there are 4 star hotels.

Bid 1

Zone A

Bid 2

Zones A & B

Close your existing browser and reopen a new one (going back to the Priceline home page in the process)

Bid 3

Zones A & C

Close your browser and reopen (do this step from here on out until your 8th and final bid)

Bid 4

Zones A & D

Bid 5

Zones A B & C

Bid 6

Zones A B & D

Bid 7

Zones A C & D

Bid 8

Zones A B C & D

Using the above strategy, you never repeat the same combination of zones twice.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Note to Thereuare: Move this thread to California Priceline board?

PS... I just noticed PL added Rennaisance Resort and Spa to their 4* Napa (Sonoma) under hotel listing.

Are the hotels listed at a given time on PL the ONLY properties that you are bidding on?

Good catch! Last week I reported the Sonoma zone now goes to 4 stars, however at the time the Renaissance was still listed as 3.5 stars in their retail section. Thereuare, please note and update the hotel list when convenient.

As to your other question, I've never seen a hotel that comes up under "name your own price" not listed in Priceline's retail section. However, I believe it does work the other way. For instance, in the Concord-Lafayette zone (Oakland-East Bay), Priceline's retail section rates the Lafayette Park Hotel as 4 stars, however under "name your own price" the highest category to bid in this zone is 3.5 stars.

Good luck with your Napa bids.

No problem. I did a search on both HOTWIRE and PRICELINE boards and couldn't find a reported win or purchase. I do think I've seen the property displayed in Hotwire's vacation package, and occasionally with matching identities in the hotel-only section. However maybe nobody has actually purchased and reported here. As info, the Meritage & Vino Bello are next door to one another (one a hotel, the other a timeshare).

I'm tied up until Wednesday and can't easily research hotels from my current location, if this thread is still 'open' and nobody has helped by then, please bump thist thread on Wednesday and i'll have a look then.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Started bidding on 4* Napa (Sonoma and Napa) for Aug.19-20. Started at $80 increasing $5 for rebids and stopped at $120 with no luck. I guess try tomorrow starting at a higher level (say $100) and stop at my $130 limit??

Any thoughts/recommendations?

A note to all: I phoned Vino Bello (they quoted me AAA rate at $170, rack rate $199) and they told me they do charge a $15 resort fee on top of what I might pay through PL or HW. Keep this in mind when bidding!!

Started bidding on 4* Napa (Sonoma and Napa) for Aug.19-20. Started at $80 increasing $5 for rebids and stopped at $120 with no luck. I guess try tomorrow starting at a higher level (say $100) and stop at my $130 limit??

A note to all: I phoned Vino Bello (they quoted me AAA rate at $170, rack rate $199) and they told me they do charge a $15 resort fee on top of what I might pay through PRICELINE or HOTWIRE. Keep this in mind when bidding!!

PS...Posted this as a new topic using proper PL thread

A note to all: I phoned Vino Bello (they quoted me AAA rate at $170, rack rate $199) and they told me they do charge a $15 resort fee on top of what I might pay through PL or HW. Keep this in mind when bidding!!

If your limit is firm and you are not successful, it looks like there are lots of really nice 3 1/2* places (or even 3*). You could look at the retail side of Priceline and/or the reported wins (top pinned posting in the California area) to get an idea of the possibilities.

Romelle

Did you receive any counteroffers along the way between $80 and $120?

$170 every time

There are two different types of counteroffers. One that is common, the other not so common. It's my opinion you got the not so common type and Priceline won't accept anything less than $170 (unless a 4* hotel lowers their Priceline rate from this point forward).

If you want to continue bidding 4 stars, my advice would be to book a retail hotel reservation that you can cancel without penalty. If not, are you willing to lower your quality level as Romelle suggested?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]