Hotwire Hotel: Strategies for Booking VA Beach Oceanfront?

jdh62
By jdh62,
in

I searched Hotwire for dates checking in on Saturday and out on Tuesday (8/22 - 8/25) and get $165 per night for 3 star Seaside. Then, I just tried searching for dates checking in on Sunday and out on Tuesday and get $119/night. It sounds like I might get better deal booking hotel in two separate transactions but I guess run the risk of getting two different hotels. Would appreciate any advice! Thank you!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Yes, this might be the case. Sometimes is HOTWIRE very tricky. But there is a chance that we can get a positive ID for the same hotel the two diffrent set of dates. But there's no guarantees for this.

When you have decided what to do so please list the amenties HOTWIRE associates with the hotel you're looking at and we'll have a look at this.

Yellowdog.

Have you booked the last 2 nites of your stay and now just need the Saturday arrival... or did you simply see if the same hotel appears on HOTWIRE when searching for the two different set of dates?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am going to investigate options with PRICELINE. Does anyone know of strategies of getting ocean front?

With PRICELINE there is no way to guarantee an oceanfront / beachfront property... you need to be willing to accept a hotel anywhere in the shaded boundaries of the zone. In some areas the higher rated hotels may offer a slight benefit as they might tend to be in the more expensive real estate areas, whereas the budget hotels would be in less ideal areas, but still no guarantees. If you want a Beachfront / Oceanfront HOTWIRE can be a better option by purchasing a hotel with a beachfront or oceanfront icon.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 11 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]